Photo by Melody

Bloom of the Day Photos: June 28th, 2012: Plumeria 'Teresa Wilder' (Plumeria rubra) by Clare_CA, 2 by Clare_CA

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Clare_CA

In reply to: June 28th, 2012: Plumeria 'Teresa Wilder' (Plumeria rubra) by Clare_CA

Forum: Bloom of the Day Photos

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of June 28th, 2012: Plumeria 'Teresa Wilder' (Plumeria rubra) by Clare_CA
Clare_CA wrote:
Hi Kell! Happy 4th to you, my dear.

I've had to dig up and move some large plumerias lately. I had some growing between my Michelias, and the Michelias were getting so large that they were smothering the plumerias. And so I moved two up on the hill where bananas were. I'm thinking of digging a couple more bananas out and putting plumerias in their place. I've also been planting a lot of cycads and palms, but cycads are so expensive, and they rot on me sometimes because I water too much. In the front of the hill, I'll probably put something variegated and low-maintenance like a flax or something. Hubby likes grassy-looking things to cover up the bare stems of the plumerias.

Here are some pictures of the areas that I'm talking about. You can see the corms that I dug out of the ground yesterday and the hill area that I'm talking about. The last one is the row of Michelias that once had plumerias between them.