Accessible Gardening: Laughing For Joy #8, 2 by Amargia

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Amargia

In reply to: Laughing For Joy #8

Forum: Accessible Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of  Laughing For Joy #8
Amargia wrote:
Thanks, Carrie. You are among my heroes too.
I’ll add my voice to the echo. Happy Birthday, Sheri! We are reminded it is your b’day when the Easter lilies bloom. They are putting on quite a show this year.
I think I got a visit from one of your angels, Vickie. I’ve accepted the new reality and am adjusting. Working through some practical problems now such as Braille labels falling off plant markers and the like. I think I’ve come up with a pretty and fun solution to the problem. Photos and details later.
Came home to find many of the daylilies in bloom, tiny grapes forming and a new crop of snow peas. The latter was a real surprise. The tall, narrow plastic drum I turned into a planter had not done well in past years. It became too hot and dried out very fast. I couldn’t even get artichokes to grow in it. This year we put a wire cage around it and put a tire planter at the base. The wire and the plants climbing up and down it give enough shade to keep it cool. Not sure yet what I will plant in it once the peas have done their thing, but now I know the idea will work. k*

#1: white Asiatic lilies
#2: Experiment to keep a tall, narrow planter cooler is working.
#3: ‘Mama’s cherry pie’ daylily
#4: Baby grapes
#5: ‘October Fest’ daylily.