Lilies: Life Span Lilies, 3 by DonnaMack

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaMack

In reply to: Life Span Lilies

Forum: Lilies

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Life Span Lilies
DonnaMack wrote:
First, please note that the lily I called Regale is the asiatic Jubileo. I added a note above so that any reader would realize it was my error.

The blue flower with Champagne is one of my absolute favorites. It nepeta Souvenir Andre Chaudron. To me it is the best of the bluish nepetas.

Martha Washington geraniums are the fussiest, according to a book I read. I loved Gardeners Joy but I could never successfully get it through the season.

The scented geranium was a gift to a friend who had it outside but had no room in the house. It smells rather like ginger, The person who gave it to her did not have the name. I have kept it lightly watered and minimally fertilized over the winter and it has done very well. I was going to buy a bunch more and then thought - dummy - take cuttings.

Anastasia is a great choice. It makes me laugh that I paid $42 for three years ago when The Lily Garden first paid for it. But it is so wonderful and prolific that I moved some to another location and have been swapping them. This is a fabulous lily and I strongly recommend it. I planted three with grasses, and they really multiplied. Then I moved them into a bed with blue platycodons. I love blue plants, and love to blend them with lilies. The lilies in the grasses were photographed in 2007. I have never lost one! Ignore the last pic. It's a huge Silk Road stem - I clicked on the wrong photo!