Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Clematis: Winter dreaming of clematis...and chat, of course!, 1 by pirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pirl

In reply to: Winter dreaming of clematis...and chat, of course!

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Winter dreaming of clematis...and chat, of course!
pirl wrote:
Etelka - Jack made the original obelisk for me and it lasted for 15 years. Then we had a local guy make the replacement and another carpenter redo the top - that was a total of about $150. The first carpenter didn't want to make the ovals but I insisted and got my way! I'm not positive of the height but I'll measure it tomorrow since our snow is now history - the rain washed it away today. The original one blew down right after it was put in place so Jack made a base and bolted it to the base. That worked fine. The new one is wider and is not bolted and blew over so we left it on its side for the winter to avoid further damage.

If you do make it, Etelka, paint the wood (at least two coats) before assembling it. That's much easier than painting it when it's done. I have one clematis on each of the four sides.

Maureen - take a drive out this spring or summer. I'd love to meet you. Bring a shovel and pots if you want any daylilies.