Perennials: Color Echoes VI Color Theory in the Garden , 1 by tabasco

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright tabasco

In reply to: Color Echoes VI Color Theory in the Garden

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Color Echoes VI Color Theory in the Garden
tabasco wrote:
LOL Meredith, What you are saying about plant combinations 'echoes' in my ears! I have all the same symptoms~~not being able to murder my self-sowers, buying plants on discount and then not having any good partners for them, not knowing what a plant is really like (some catalogs really lie!), etc. I guess that's why they say it takes years to get a really great garden. (And Meridith I think you ignored some of the other more subtle 'color echoes' in some of those pics!)

I've been looking thru my 'Gardens Illustrated', the British BBC magazine, and lusting after all the great 'color echoes' pictured. But they are in really old gardens and I'm sure it took years to get them right! Trees with shrubs (massive hedges) with perennials with annuals with puppies. They had everything just right!

Some really good examples pictured in the above posts too (Lincolntess and your puppy). I'm glad we got the post going while the Lilies are in bloom. I don't do much with lilies and poppies, but would love to next year. Now I know what to do with them!

Pirl, you seem to have a cache of 'color echo' pics saved up since our last threads in 2006! Thanks for giving all the details. And where did you say I can get such an elegant pink umbrella?? Did you say Big Lots? (sorry, just a joke). (-:

Back to the greens: Here's a nice edging using a multi toned Ajuga (which I am always fearful of being too invasive but I guess it isn't) with astrantia (?) I saw in a neighbor's garden then yesterday promptly went out and bought the same plants for my garden.