Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM #86, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM #86

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  #86
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. I do like coming in and seeing what you have all been up to. It is lovely to get up when its daylight instead of pitch black. I dont mind in the summer . A lovely day yesterday after the cold start and similar today.
Chrissy, I may take your advice and simply throw those callas around outside near the liliums. Maybe they will learn how to flower from them.
Pam, I have lots of those little lilium bulblets and am going to pot some to keep near the back door. I wont remove many as I want the liliums to make nice clumps. . I will have a nice potted lot to move around and lots in the garden the.
Anthony, you will have Steve now to keep you from being outnumbered by all the ladies. How are you getting on with your lilium potting ? The vortex will be overflowing. Good luck with those crosses of your own.
Hello Jean/moon, Pam, Karen and Colleen. Also Teresa and Elaine.
Tanzen, I tried growing dragon fruit just for the curiosity value but its way too cold here . The plants grow quite well then simply rot away in the cold. I still have pieces there which are quite green hanging on dry bits of stems. I wont bother again . They are far more fussy about the cold than my epis.
Hello Louise. It wont be long before you are back in NH. The girls will love getting to know the smells all over again. Oops , that didnt sound right. I do mean nice smells.
Charleen, I hope you are also enjoying some lovely spring weather in your garden.
I am going to be spreading the rest of the mulch today, so had better get out and do the washing first.
Have a great day and get out in those gardens.
Chocolate and Rum Truffles as a nice treat for the fellas. Ladies you may also take one or two if they leave any.
Jean.