Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliad for the novice and Addict for mar-Apr 2011, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliad for the novice and Addict for mar-Apr 2011

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliad for the novice and  Addict for mar-Apr 2011
weed_woman wrote:
Hi Karen, it sounds as though you had a good and productive time at the Tillandsia nursery. Did you find that the seller, like alot of sellers, was reluctant to part with anything? I find it amusing to go into a crowded nursery, listen to the seller exclaim how they don't have enough time to look after it all, but won't part with it. he he. I wonder if we'll all be like that, or are we already? Thanks for the picture. Are you going to mount them all on that nice bit of wood?
Nice pictures Bree. I think you Gympie delight looks fine, ad not too hot at all.
Nice Billy, Wendy. It looks similar to one in Leisa's collection, but probably not the same. It must have had good light to have such good colour? Fruit Salad seems a good name for it.
Yesterday i started work on tidying up the bank at the back, that is really a bromeliad garden with nothing very special in it. It badly needs a tidy and revamp, so I've made a start anyway. The gum branches always give it a hiding, so its not a spot to put anything too lovely. Only the tuff ones can survive there!
Anyway, better be off and get some breakfast into me. I also need to get out and spray a couple of things with yates success, to keep away thte caterpillars. There seems to be a few around at the moment!
Sue
Tillandsia rothii at a recent nursery visit.