Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliad for the novice and Addict for mar-Apr 2011, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliad for the novice and Addict for mar-Apr 2011

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliad for the novice and  Addict for mar-Apr 2011
weed_woman wrote:
Karen, I hope your health troubles ease off soon. Its never any fun when your body doesn't work well. Constant pain can be wearing too, so I hope you get a good escape from it while visiting the Aussie forums. Missing labels can be a bother eh? Worse is when you find one that has faded, because it means you used to know what it was! I find putting my pics on facebook helps to have them ID'd, especially if you have a couple of experts in your friends list! Also the bromeliad and airplant website is a good place for an ID too. Flowers certainly help with the Tillandsias, as they begin to look a bit the same. I have noticed that as i take more of an interest in them, I have noticed some difference in their forms, but am by no means an expert.
I've all but finished Leisas garden, but its been drizzling for a couple of hours which has put an end to the mulching. I've been saving up golden cane fronds to put through the mulcher, and also gum tree bark. I get to clean and mulch the garden at the same time. Some of Liesas plants have decided to flower for me, so i will try to get some pics when the rain eases off a bit.
Sue
An unknown neo I bought last week.