Central Midwest Gardening: AUGUST THREAD 2007, 1 by langbr

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright langbr

In reply to: AUGUST THREAD 2007

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of AUGUST THREAD 2007
langbr wrote:
Awww AuntB that water garden is so cute! Love the froggy laying down. The best I have is a huge pot (about the size of the whiskey barrel) with a bubbler on it. At least it gives me the soothing sounds. Next year I'll try adding some plants to the mix.....the thought never occured to me this year...figured it was too small. I have noticed water evaporation is really high in it these past 2 weeks. My deck is covered so it only gets "filtered" sunlight on it. Anyone know if there are water plants that would do ok with that little sunlight?

Can't believe August is here already! Enrolled all 3 kids in school yesterday. First time I had to go to 3 separate schools (elementary, Jr High and Sr High schools). My babies are growin' up. Son will be a senior this year ..... it's so unbelievable to me. The youngest starts kindergarten.

Time to start giving some serious thoughts to fall bulb planting and what I want where. Gosh knows the catalogs have been pouring in here for weeks. Need to start a list so I don't repeat buy things like I did one year. lol

Everyone stay cool today.....looks like it's warming up again. The break in temps was nice while it lasted.

Happ - can't believe you haven't gotten any of the rains. We came home from the airport Sun nite and caught rain around Edwardsville.....you must be further north. I hope you get some soon being on a well especially.