Photo by Melody

General Discussion & Chat: Best/Worse/What did I Learn Today? Come sit awhile and share your day..newcomers welcome, 2 by Bettypauze

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Bettypauze

In reply to: Best/Worse/What did I Learn Today? Come sit awhile and share your day..newcomers welcome

Forum: General Discussion & Chat

Back to post
Photo of Best/Worse/What did I Learn Today? Come sit awhile and share your day..newcomers welcome
Bettypauze wrote:
Evening all, blizzard last 2 days, of course yours truly didn’t look at the weather early this morning and agreed to go have lunch and shopping with Linda, hit bad snow fall when I was almost in Barrie and then all the way home.

Sad to say, for ME that Linda made me break down and buy a cane, been a hard few weeks trying to walk so did but makes me very sad, feel as though that is a step towards giving up health wise.

Lordy Lordy Lindakay, I do not understand how anyone in USA survives paying premiums for doctors/hospitals and dentists..I believe we are blessed living in Canada, nobody goes without health care and if needed the very best of care. This new program for dental and denturist will make a big difference to most senior or handicapped senior.not saying just USA, I think I’ve ever thought what they do in other countries, just always aware of my USA neighbours. Will have to check that out.

Deb, are they calling for nicer weather coming up, i.e. 50’s? Do you let the dogs out when it’s snowing.

Dianne, did you get this weather? i am attaching a photo of a wood stacker idea and thought of you..

Susan, as Recreation Co-Ordinator for most of my working career I so know how much energy volunteers put into their communities and how many only have words ‘wont work’ so disheartening.

Hoping Jaye is feeling better, she has had a hard time of it health wise.. prayers being said..

Same her Pat, gets so difficult to find people to work. Shannon’s next door is so short of help, pay really good $$ but the find someone, they get a few days pay then quit.
Glad you were able to find a helper and even better being a good worker.

Iris, between you, Sharon and I we must have almost every plant covered. Do you have a lot of land to put all these seedlings, i would say here I have more shade than sun.

My nasturtiums are doing very well, My coleus are going wild. Monday when I am in town think I will buy one of those pots with various spice plants to start, need to buy potting soil and and containers so I can divide all my babies

While out with Linda today we stopped at a second hand store, of course Linda saw a light stand, weighs a ton but she felt I could use it in my gardens which I can, will put solar lights in it but then Pinterest sent me garden Ideas and they have one identical that they used an old fabric lamp shade (which that store had) where they took fabric off the frame, turned it upside down, put chicken wire inside and choir filling and grew a plant, now I’m not sure what I want to do with it. It’s in the car til Greg or one of the young kids coming in the morning can take it out. Her neighbour was cleaning her mother’s home as she is going to a home and sent me fabric, there was also a big ott light but Linda thinks the bulb needs replacing, like in the garbage it will go, can likely buy new for cost of replacing the bulb? All of it is in my car, have to say my car looks like i am a homeless person with all their earthly goods in the car.

Greg picked up my sewing machine yesterday, he had an appointment so although he wanted to set it on the frame I told him to wait and come this weekend.

I have an idea for the children’s Mother’s Day Workshop, ordered stained glass film to test the project out

Didn’t cancel tomorrows classes, think I should have but I will puddle through the classes big sigh

A lady who wanted to drop off a bag of craft items is running late

Oops here she is, hope not junk or I will need to make a dump trip.