Photo by Melody

General Discussion & Chat: Best/Worse/What did I Learn Today? Come sit awhile and share your day..newcomers welcome, 3 by NewLeafTX

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright NewLeafTX

In reply to: Best/Worse/What did I Learn Today? Come sit awhile and share your day..newcomers welcome

Forum: General Discussion & Chat

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Best/Worse/What did I Learn Today? Come sit awhile and share your day..newcomers welcome
NewLeafTX wrote:
Betty, just reading about all those yard tasks you got done makes me feel worn out, LOL. I\'m impressed!

That Dr. Ho pain relief device sounds like something my MIL can benefit from. She has chronic hip pain from a recent fall, and taking Aleve every day is too hard on her kidneys, since she has CKD...Would you mind dropping me a DMail, please & tell me which Dr.Ho product you have?

Your bunnies are SO cute! And so are the kids, of course. :)

Your Rose Of Sharon wants full sun, well drained soil that doesn\'t get flooded nor submerged, and pH between 5.5-7.5, optimally. Also likes a fairly big planting hole: as deep as the root ball, and 2 times wider. Hope this helps.

I empathize about you not being there for the lilacs blooming: I\'m a huge fan of fragrant plants, and of lovely scents in general (such as food, the smells during a Nature hike, homemade bath salts with natural oils, the scent of the ocean, aromatherapy, etc.)

My family moved from IL to TX when I was a child, and I was sad enough to shed tears, when I found out that lilacs could not be grown in our new ecosystem, AND that we had also left IL too soon in the year for me to enjoy smelling the lilacs in our IL home one last time.

Worked a bit on clearing weeds from the cottage garden today, so I can sow more seeds out there when it\'s cleared. Didn\'t plant nor sow anything today (out of space).

Took pics of my potted baby seedlings today... appears they are good enough quality to upload.

Left to right:

Pic 1: 5 gallon pot, sown 3/8 with a complex mix of spinach, sprouting peas, & other salad greens which I didn\'t bother to write down.

Pic 2: Big windowbox, sown 3/8 with a complex mix of microgreens: beets, brassicas, chard, lettuce, etc.

Pic 3: Closeup of windowbox sprouts. Tiny red things are beets and/or chard. Most of the green dicot seedlings are Brassicas, I think.

Pic 4: Tiny, nearly invisible, sprouts of mixed Impatiens and/or white Alyssum, sown together in this pot on 3/9. Has been kept in bright indirect light (dappled shade), 55-75F.