Perennials: What\'s Blooming 4, 4 by Loretta_NJ

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Loretta_NJ

In reply to: What\'s Blooming 4

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of What's Blooming 4
Loretta_NJ wrote:
That is oppressive! Glad it didn't make it to the east coast this year. We usually follow your weather by a few days. Deer have been visiting me now. They are sticking to the tomatoes, galinsoga and even chewed on morning glory. Not what I'd expect. They haven't eaten the lilies or hostas. Last year they picked out phlox and aster but skipped those too. Go figure. I just can't understand how they pass over so many plants to get to whatever the current mood is.
Keith, that lily is like a beautiful sunset. So rich. I have a couple of lilies still blooming. Unfortunately, I didn't photograph the more interesting ones that are over, but these are on now - mostly versions of white. Not such great pictures again. I haven't been going out when the light is good plus they need staking because they aren't in full sun so I get their faces how I can. I should mark them now for next year, right?
1. I don't even remember having this one. It could be it hasn't bloomed in a while.
2. I like this one with it's yellow stripes.
3. A favorite of mine - Salmon Star
And they all smell good, like a funeral parlor! That's the problem with lilies.
4. This one is a friend's at the community garden that I help run. Very pretty, right? I'm guessing it is a Spider Lily/ Peruvian Daffodil - Hymenocallis.
5. This gladiola is also from a friend at the Community Garden. Pretty.

This message was edited Jul 21, 2017 11:12 PM