Image Copyright Loretta_NJ

In reply to: What\'s Blooming #2

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of What's Blooming #2
Loretta_NJ wrote:
Must I be the bearer of bad news again?
http://www.pickeringnurseries.com/

\"Pickering Nurseries to close permanently.
Thank you for visiting us and following our company. Though we had planned to reopen this spring it obviously didn’t happen.

After a great deal of soul-searching I have come to the decision that my future doesn’t lie in the rose business. My attempts at rooting roses showed promise (it’s not that hard really) and I have composed a complete and viable business plan. But to be honest my heart just isn’t in it, though even as I write this I teeter back and forth.

So, Pickering Nurseries is now closed permanently. I thank you for all the successful years we enjoyed.

Best regards,
Joel Schraven
Pickering Nurseries\"

Thank you for the information on peonies, Donna. I never knew to look for secondary buds. A friend of mine picked me a flower from her garden today and I noticed a secondary bud on hers so someone is trying to tell me something!

1. Verbascum
2. Kalmia Keepsake
3. Kalmia forgot the name
4. blue eyed grass - the problem with this is you don\'t want it mixing with your chives and they both like to seed around.
5. First year for Kangaroo Paws which was finally available here locally. I had searched for this a few years ago for a friend but never found it. Now they don\'t want it so I have it instead. Fine with me.