Perennials: Rock gardening in non-alpine climates, 3 by DonnaMack

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaMack

In reply to: Rock gardening in non-alpine climates

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Rock gardening in non-alpine climates
DonnaMack wrote:
Wow, it\'s amazing how many plants we have in common. We both have a deutzia, we both have double files, and I have allium \'Purple Sensation\', mostly with my peonies and lilies, ramosum (a white fall bloomer) . And christophii is multiplying. Have you tried allium karataviense? It\'s phenomenal. I put them in last year around peonies. The foliage hangs in there forever. The are coming up now - this pic is from last year. I accidently ordered them from two companies so I had to handle 20, but they go so beautifully with my color scheme.

I was actually given three \'Purple Sensation\' by the Master Gardener\'s group. I thought I didn\'t like the big purple ones, but I fell in love. I was on the river trails near my house and saw some. Since they didn\'t belong there, I helped myself to a couple of them (naughty). Then I bought some more. Thank heavens, they are really quite cheap!
Yes, Menard\'s rocks. It\'s my end of season choice. So many great plants.

And I am loving the leaves on my Viburnum plicatum tomentosum \'Pink Beauty\'. Even if they aren\'t pink! (Which Gary Ladman said they might not be!) I got a new deutzia. I was trying to figure out where to put it. Thank you for the idea!