Mid-South Gardening: March 2016, even if DG has the date wrong, 4 by kjuddy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kjuddy

In reply to: March 2016, even if DG has the date wrong

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of March 2016, even if DG has the date wrong
kjuddy wrote:
Well last year was a complete bust in the gardening dept between breaking my arm in January and having the company I work for sold in May it was definitely NOT a year when my beds got a lick of attention. But amazingly enough I have things coming up all over the place even with the hot dry summer and absolutely no watering. I filled in my pond a couple of weekends ago just toooooo much work to keep in looking good. I\'ll really miss growing things in there but my hubby hated the overwhelming sound of frogs every night and I hated the green murky water that I never could get looking good. BUT the good news is that I\'ll love having another easy place to plant some things and the grandkids won\'t be tempted to be in the thing all the time.

I moved my Fireworks clematis last spring as it was in way too much shade and this year it is blooming!! It has never had but one bloom on it per year but it has quite a few so I\'m excited - the first one opened today.

A few of my columbines are starting to open and of course I have the usual wood sorrell and early irises blooming this photo is of a walking iris I got a couple of years ago but this is the first year it has really really bloomed well.

You ladies seem busy as beavers as always and way more organized and together than me.