Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: FIRST FLOWERS ALMOST SUMMER 2015, 4 by speediebean

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright speediebean

In reply to: FIRST FLOWERS ALMOST SUMMER 2015

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of FIRST FLOWERS ALMOST SUMMER 2015
speediebean wrote:
Finally got some pics of what's going on out front... but, I'll only share some of the "good ones".

My favourite Day Lily, the Black Eyed Susan Day Lily. (Oh! There's Dave in the background... yes, my little Gnomey's name is Dave)

Speaking of Dave - Here's the Miss Manners that I got from David and Pat at last Fall's Plant Swap. They're getting ready to bloom! The Yarrow (from..??) is doing really well, but not ready to bloom yet.

Newly-installed Dianthus bottom right, along with many of the "just tossed on" Liriope (I never did actually install them, I just plopped 'em on top of the soil and they rooted, so I tried to fortify their perimeters with compost a bit). Also one lone little Pansy that had gotten lost under the run-amok Mint.. which is cut waayyy back now.

Anyone have any idea what this is? It has volunteered in the front Big Bed, full sun, really really good drainage.

Last but not least, the ground cover Sedum that I installed as a teeny 3.5 inch pot 2 years ago. This is one plant that I don't mind if it runs amok, it does it so cooperatively. :)