Daylilies: Show us your mail orders!, 3 by gen2026

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gen2026

In reply to: Show us your mail orders!

Forum: Daylilies

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Show us your mail orders!
gen2026 wrote:
Mike I am surprised to see that your Buttered Popcorn is blooming. I spotted the first bloom on mine this weekend - but it wasn't that good so I didn't snap a pic.

My Cameroon Night was planted last Spring and is just one very small fan. The bloom stalks are extremely tall on it and it really looks odd with these tall blooms stalks and big blooms from that tiny little fan!! Maybe eventually it will settle in and multiply.

Robin - FFO = First Flower Open....... I had to ask as well! :) The first flower is often not as pretty as what will follow - that is why they use that designation. But, be warned, Mike speaks in code a lot ! :)

Mike your addition has really filled in! It is so beautiful. It will be gorgeous when all those start blooming. I get so overwhelmed at trying to "plan" where to plant things, I finally just gave up and got things in the ground. My original thought was to scatter the early blooms in different beds and locations to spread out the blooms , and now I wish I had planted things that bloomed at the same time together to have large clumps of color. But, I wonder the yard every evening to enjoy all the blooms anyway so I guess that way I do more walking! ;) Just figure the clumps of multiples would have more impact from the road, but in reality, I am far enough off the highway most people never see my DL blooms except on facebook. :)

This double of Cameroon Night shows one of the blooms as I believe what ya'll would call a poly? Am I correct on that? Golden Illusion; Midnight Raider (FFOs); Circle of Friends Clump
While we were in New Orleans for our short visit, I purchased two "sticks" of plumeria. They literally were just two sticks about 1.5" in diameter and about a foot long. I brought them home and "planted" them and everyone thought I was crazy just having this stick in a pot - but look at my plumeria bloom!! :) I was soooo excited. I have two of them and neither was the color I was expecting, but I was still excited to have blooms!