Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cpars0ns

In reply to: Advice on purchasing a new greenhouse

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Advice on purchasing a new greenhouse
cpars0ns wrote:
Thank you all so much for your replies.
We went with the 13 X 40 Grow Smart greenhouse. We decided to become a business so that we could get it at wholesale pricing which really helped.
The directions are a little goofy and some of the parts were labelled incorrectly but we got it up in about 2 days! The first day was just putting together the end walls and doors. The greenhouse is anchored to cement piers and a 4x4 (?) wood frame. We put weed barrier down and gravel. We ordered 21 tons (a dump truck load) and used maybe half... lesson learned. We now have enough gravel to landscape all around the greenhouse, house and chicken coop!
So far I love it! I am a little concerned with how the automatic roof vent openers will work during a thunderstorm. We are due for a storm this week-end so I guess that I will find out.
Now we just have to build shelving. Also, thanks to your advice Annette we are going to build a frame to hold the hanging baskets instead of putting all of that weight onto the frame - that's a good idea - thank you.
Cindy