Tomatoes & Peppers: am i being paranoid?, 3 by jmc1987

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jmc1987

Subject: am i being paranoid?

Forum: Tomatoes & Peppers

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of am i being paranoid?
jmc1987 wrote:
Im sure i have shown what a tomato novice i can be on the tomatoes forum in the past, lol, but here goes another round of questions for you guys.

I did get some good sized tomato plants out of the spring seedling starts, and they are in the ground now after i gave them about a week of outdoor exposure. One little thing has me paranoid though. The plants have definitely been growing since i planted them in, but the lower leaves have gone a little off tone. The Big Beef tomato you can not see the evidence too well on. But another variety i have that i received in a trade, that was supposedly called Old Kentucky, shows it a bit more intense than the Big Beef. The lower leaves also have a few little brown marks on it on the Old Kentucky tomato. The top growth is looking good though.

These photos were taken more along the later afternoon, so the color of the sunlight may be exaggerating it in the photos.

Also if it helps, the lower leaves that are changing are the leaves that they grew while they were indoors. The white residue is from where i sprayed some magnesium sulfate on the leaves.....just to see if that would clear it up, also a few days later i gave them a good dose of all purpose Miracle Gro.

Also is it ok that the leaves on the new growth seems to be cupped upwards a little bit?