Northeast Gardening: I see flowers!!!!, 2 by bbrookrd

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bbrookrd

In reply to: I see flowers!!!!

Forum: Northeast Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of I see flowers!!!!
bbrookrd wrote:
Robin, poor you with tooth trouble. Nothing worse in my mind and every time I go, I think of all the bulbs I could be buying. We got a permit for "agricultural burning" which lets us burn any days, wind permitting, until mid May for 45.00. The fire chef gave us this type as Police department (dumb idea) took over permitting of garden burning permits and the police office permit window is closed on the weekends. In running back and forth between the fire station and the police station, DH found out that the fire dept still controls agricultural permits and got the fire chef via phone to have them sell us one His comment was that we live just down the road from a farm and said we probably even know a farmer. Ha, love him. Rules are that fire can't be started before 10AM and must be ignited it no later than noon and the last wood to be burned has to be on the pile by 4PM. You have to have hoses set up as well as rakes and shovels and can burn nothing huge and a few other things. But the two dump trucks we sent to the dump last week filled with the storm damaged stuff that we thought was just to much for us to burn cost us 350.00. We have already burned at least that much and most likely more and we still have more to tackle. Never ends. It is damp today with showers so I am taking a lay day. Yesterday we had our first tulip, Showwinner. Also a shot of my favorite Crocus Yalta. And I can say we are pretty cleaned up except on the west side, which needs more work. Patti