Southwest Gardening: Pictures fom my garden, 2 by RODICAP

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright RODICAP

In reply to: Pictures fom my garden

Forum: Southwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Pictures fom my garden
RODICAP wrote:
Cactusjumper, I go to garage sales every Saturday with my son and granddaughter mainly to be with them but I love when I find those great bargains. You should see my outdoors chandelier. I will take a picture and post it so you can see how beautiful it is and it cost me only $15.00. In fact I have at least three big ones.
Some other bargains were some metal sculptures and one big metal sun that I need to hang.
Crista, you are right. Those are clematis. Marie is the queen of clematis but I do OK too.
The ones that I posted here are grown in big pots so I can control the watering, the fertilizing and the son exposure, but I have several of them in the ground. They need good soil that drains well with lots of compost and like most of the plants here, they do well with morning till early afternoon son and shade in the hottest part of the day. They prefer to have their 'feet' shaded, so you can add some ground cover plants at the time of the planting.
The ones that I posted the pictures from where bought in sale at Lowes last year. Make sure to go there periodically and see if they brought some. Sometimes Trader Joe's have them at a very good price. Good luck