Pictures fom my garden

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Dudleya, tulipa saxatilis, daffodils, hyacinths and chasmanthe.

Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP
Gilbert, AZ

Beautiful! I'm not familiar with the dudleya - are the leaves more like an aloe or an agave?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Thanks Crista.
They are softer like aloes and do not have any pricks. Day and night , it is beautiful.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

More pictures.

Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP
Gilbert, AZ

Hmmm, I'm going to have to learn more about the dudleya! Your flowers are gorgeous!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Crista,

They are stunning plants and very easy to grow if you do not overwater. I am guilty of that myself , so I am very careful not to do it. I have a little one too that I ordered from Annie's and I am babying it to get just as big and strong. :O)

Glendale, AZ(Zone 9b)

BEAUTIFUL blooms. LOVE all the pictures. Thanks for posting them. Ya gotta love this time of year. Have to say the 'face pot' is so so neat. I love different pots but rarely find anything as fun as that one. Now I'll have to be on the hunt for something just as exciting and different.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Thanks Cactusjumper. I have to say that when I saw it at the garage sale I was totally taken by it even though the lady that was selling it was telling me that lots of people fount it not comfortable to look at. I loved it. I think one can say that it was 'love at first sight'. LOL
It only cost $5.00 and did not even bargain.

Glendale, AZ(Zone 9b)

RODICAP, I'm thinking you got a GREAT deal. One might even say, it was a steal. Don't you love it when that happens? lol

Gilbert, AZ

Rodica, are those clematis you have? I've always wanted to grow them but wasn't sure that I could be successful. What's your secret? They're beautiful!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Cactusjumper, I go to garage sales every Saturday with my son and granddaughter mainly to be with them but I love when I find those great bargains. You should see my outdoors chandelier. I will take a picture and post it so you can see how beautiful it is and it cost me only $15.00. In fact I have at least three big ones.
Some other bargains were some metal sculptures and one big metal sun that I need to hang.
Crista, you are right. Those are clematis. Marie is the queen of clematis but I do OK too.
The ones that I posted here are grown in big pots so I can control the watering, the fertilizing and the son exposure, but I have several of them in the ground. They need good soil that drains well with lots of compost and like most of the plants here, they do well with morning till early afternoon son and shade in the hottest part of the day. They prefer to have their 'feet' shaded, so you can add some ground cover plants at the time of the planting.
The ones that I posted the pictures from where bought in sale at Lowes last year. Make sure to go there periodically and see if they brought some. Sometimes Trader Joe's have them at a very good price. Good luck

Glendale, AZ(Zone 9b)

Rodicap, look at all those treasures you find. I guess I'm going to have to stop at a few of the garage sales I often see. I'm a bit worried about doing that however. Lord knows what I'd be carting home. YIKES ! ! !

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Cactusjumper,

There is always the power of the will to curtail the expense and the finds , or , like in my case and probably many more like me, the spouse. LOL
Costco has a wind sculpture for around $35.00 that is great. I got mine as a gift from my husband on Valentine's Day.

Thumbnail by RODICAP
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

The left flower bed in my front garden. The front areas are where my very hard to survive plants usually not only grow but thrive. I have , as you will see, lilac, a hydrangea, poet's jasmine, clivia, a violet, one huge plants of acanthus mollis and an herb that is very hard to grow here, lovage,
First picture shows my Chinese lilac in bloom, a standard rose, a huge dutchmans pipe and some other plants more common here. The second one shows the lilac up close. The third and last is of my beautiful standard rose.

Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP Thumbnail by RODICAP
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I have never seen clematis flower as big as these ones. It might be the 'year' of clematis for me. :O)
The last one is one of my water iris in bloom.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Simply gorgeous!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Thanks Judy. I can bot believe that I got such big flowers from clematis that are grown in pots.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.