Morning Glories: Morning Glories 2015 #03, 2 by joeswife

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright joeswife

In reply to: Morning Glories 2015 #03

Forum: Morning Glories

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Morning Glories 2015 #03
joeswife wrote:
Jackie, me too, they have the pansies and stuff, but, I am still putting a few things out. I am having my son bring a few things up, and the rolling cart. Joe can roll stuff in and out, or use the dolly. we are starting out front facing East on the porch and under the cedar tree. There's lots of room on the east side. I have saved a tub of leaves to throw down if I need too. I'm setting my tomatoes out, but in a tub. I'm moving some of the zone challenged things, if they are zone 8 hardy they can handle a freeze for a few hours. If covered, they stay warm and toasty.I'm turning my big dry leaves into a top mulch. I am working in some peat and vermiculite. I will be sitting the whole time, a foot or two a week. Maybe by fall I will have it done. I'm going to have Joe dig big tub sized holes and sink my big pots. those are like 30-40 gallon pots. Now that I know where everything can grow and what I don't want on the fences, because of the children and dogs. To the North of me I have a young couple with pair of daughters, 3 and 5, the youngest has cancer. She is doing real well. They have two huge labs, Wesson and Dotty, and a new Cocker Spaniel named Scout. SO cute. They jump on the fence to say hi to me and about knock it down, and I don't want the kids to eat anything .. *sigh* We have a new set of neighbors to the south of us. They entertain their little 3 yr old, have their siblings and friends come over on Friday nights, have a fire and party for the kids. They just got a little bitty puppy, for her birthday, and she throws the poor thing around like a toy. Anyway, Joe thinks it is a PitBull.

Don't you just love my chattiness tonight?
You have to see the Queen Emma Crinum I got from Prita, when I first joined DG. This thing is a huge plant, it's base is almost 8 inches. it has a bud!
did I show you this mg bloom yet?