Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Central Midwest Gardening: Fall RU 09-Plant swap, 0 by happgarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright happgarden

In reply to: Fall RU 09-Plant swap

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Fall RU 09-Plant swap
happgarden wrote:
Oh, Shortleaf, that picture just sends cold chills down my spine!
I have 2 or 3 different kinds of grasses I could bring, if I can dig some up. I have never tried but heard it is not easy.
Well, my best laid plans went arye.....what else is knew. So I didn't get a good list of what I can bring or check our list to see if I got everything or not.

Did get a bunch of hostas planted and my spuria iris. Have you guys ever seen those? I really like them. I would bring some except I had a problem with iris bores in them this year and I sure don't want to spread those around. I stabbed as many as I could find, but I guess as much as I don't like to use chemicals that is all you can do from what I understand.

Saturday was spent at my Moms to switch out her big waterbed for a single waterbed. By the time I got home at 5, I felt like I had been beat to death.....She is 84 and the heat from the waterbed keeps her joints from hurting but dang I hate tearing those things down and putting them back....ugggg. She was just exhausted course I was to. I tried to get her to sit down but she wasn't having any part of that!

Sunday I was like a crazy person planting. Still haven't even started on the daylilies and I have lots of those to get in the ground. Also got some red hot pokers from a great DG'er so excited.....