I'm transplanting seedlings

Highland, UT(Zone 5a)

Last year when I first made my raised planting beds, I was ripped off by a contractor who delivered really poor soil (fill dirt?) to my raised beds. I asked for, and was charged for top garden soil. Anyway, I'm now in the process of transplanting from one bed to another as I change the soil. Last week I finished one bed filled with Miracle Grow, Nutra Mulch, soil prep and another brand I can't remember of top soil. All mixed with about one fourth or less of the original soil. My seedlings from last year were not doing well in the old stuff. They were all yellowish and sorta limp. I transplanted them last Friday and I can't believe what a difference already!! They're green and looking happy and healthy! I wish I had taken pictures before the move, but I didn't think of it and I also didn't think it would be such a dramatic improvement in such a short time. Anyway, lots of work ahead, but those poor seedlings were the worse and needed help fast. Soooo happy here.
Dorothy

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

That's a shame isn't it to pay for something and not get it. Glad your seedlings are doing better.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.