THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE OR A DIFFICULTY LADDER

Delaware, OH

confussed, come see the clems this week if you want to. there is a garden club coming here tomorrow evening (tues), stop by around 6 if you want.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Fine Gardening (Taunton Press) had a great article in summer 2003 about pruning clematis. I think this is it:

http://www.finegardening.com/how-to/articles/clematis-pruning-guide.aspx?nterms=74872

I like this article conclusion and I think this is what CG is getting at: "If these instructions still seem confusing, the “do almost nothing” method can work with most clematis as long as you don’t mind an unmanageable vine. A drastic pruning every few years may sacrifice some blooms in the short term, but it will bring the plant to a more manageable size and, in getting rid of decrepit old stems, stimulate young replacement stems that will put more flowers at eye level."

Kathy

Delaware, OH

it's decent advice, anytihng that makes it simple and unintimidating and gets folks out of the fear zone with clems is good for us. if more people buy them the selections available and even prices will adjust to the demand in a positive way.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.