Garden Pics: 'Postcards from the Garden.'...#7

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

thread for just about anything that is going on in your garden, or whatever plants you felt like taking pictures of!! I hope that everyone joins in from anywhere, since we're all Northwest of somewhere!

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/992860/

I'll start it off with a few pics from the last weekend that I didn't post before.

Thumbnail by redchic01

a kalmia

Thumbnail by redchic01

I don't think that I posted this one earlier.

Thumbnail by redchic01
(Trisha) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

This Iris is in my pond.....don't have an I.D., it is one we got from the lake.....

Thumbnail by zhinusmom

That's a beautiful picture Trisha!!

While Bill was in a meeting I wandered around that area and took some pictures....I want this little tree in my yard!!!

Thumbnail by zhinusmom

little tree..... lol. Yeah, in the Amazon maybe! What character it has.

If I had it I would have the perfect home for my Fairie Door wouldn't I???

Ohhh... most definitely!! that would be about as perfect as it gets!

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful pictures everyone.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Trisha, that's exactly what I thought of when I saw the tree - a perfect place for a little door.

thanks Willow.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

This is what I see around my lowley motel...All maintained by Chong the owner and a doll.

Pink Rose

Thumbnail by beadmom
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Cream Rose

Thumbnail by beadmom
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Rose bud

Thumbnail by beadmom
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Purple pink rose

Thumbnail by beadmom
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

SOmething that I don't know what it is..

Thumbnail by beadmom

Great pics Beadmom! I believe that your unknown plant is a lantana. Maybe Lantana 'bandana sunset rose."

This message was edited Jun 2, 2009 9:13 PM

(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

I am a picture junkie, and I missed practially the whole thread #6...and I was only gone for a few days! Love the pics everyone, and welcome Pony!

The pics were all wonderful.......love the columbine, and am thrilled to see pics moving from rhodies to roses, although I am still in the rhodie world here. The dahlias were great too...mine are still the slug eaten emerging leaves too!

RC, Yes the double rhodies and azaleas do it for me every time, and yours was way great! It would definitely find a home in my yard...and I bet the smell is wonderful too!

I couldn't believe the change in my yard from Friday am until tonight.....the heat made things explode. Have some awesome Barlow columbines, the iris erupted, and my first oriental poppies have burst. Will share some pics from E-WA as well as my world here tomorrow when I can actually keep my eyes open!

Thanks RJ. Yep, it smells wonderful! I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures!

A deer clearly enjoying it's feast in the yard of one of the folks that I landscape for. I chased it as far down towards the rd. as I could. Then it just stared at me.

Thumbnail by redchic01

Rhody ponticum variegatum

Thumbnail by redchic01

A normally orange poppy. Unfortunately I think that the what is caused by a mole digging under the plant and stressing it. But, It's pretty!

Thumbnail by redchic01

Rhody golden gate.

Thumbnail by redchic01

some sort of philadelphus

Thumbnail by redchic01

this is one tough rhody, it has a lot of stories.

Thumbnail by redchic01

a close up of it.

Thumbnail by redchic01

Just a few feet away from that one is this one. It would be blooming heavier had I not gotten to the pruning a little late last year. Same with the one above.

Thumbnail by redchic01

a close up of 'buttermint' (I didn't name it that)

Thumbnail by redchic01

A thunder cloud rolling over the yard.

Thumbnail by redchic01
Eugene, OR

Beautiful pictures everyone!!

rc....those are some of the most unusual flowers I've seen. Awesome!!

Thanks Sally. They're considered to be a "lax truss" type of flower instead of a "ball truss" as so many rhody's are. Sorry, probably more than you ever wanted to know.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

red. Beautiful post yesterday. The rhodie that you refer to as "one tough rhodie" Is just stunning. Love the color.

Three George Burns blooms..each unique.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

First bloom on this NOID foxglove. They are very tall and slender and baby pink! I like this one very much! Hope it re-seeds and makes more .

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Verbascum noid.May move this one over by that pink foxglove. It is bad location for proper viewing.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Zhinusmom..regarding your yellow iris. I am not sure of the name but I was told last year that it is a native type iris and that they can become invasive. Well who ever told me that was right!! Yikes! Mine started out the size of your picture three seasons ago...look at them now. I have several around my garden as they were "freebies" when I had no plants when I moved here 2 1/2 years ago. I will have a big chore come fall digging these out. May need to call in the troops for help with these!!. You may wish to keep yours in a pot and be sure to clip the spent blooms before they make seed pods.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Ohhhh..... Bea, I adore foxglove. Yours is lovely!

RC, Your deer story cracked me up. I went through the same experience with a doe in my yard last year, and when I didn't want to chase her through the nettles, I tossed a few rocks at her. She immediately sniffed them to see what kind of food it was that I was throwing! Love your rhodies, especially Golden Gate. I can't believe that that poppy isn't supposed to look like that.....sooo exotic! That's another plant someone devious could make a mint selling mailorder!

Bea, Love the foxglove and the verbascum, and I think that you should definitely put them together. What a beautiful pastel combo!

Trisha, I agree with Beahive...your yellow iris is lovely, but looks suspiciously like what we call "yellow flag" iris. I have been trying to get them out of my little pond for years. I love them, so toss them in the boggy areas at the edges of my world, but would be really careful of letting them get a foothold where you want anything else to survive!

So here are some of the pics that I took on the east side when we could stand to go outside. The mosquitos were as bad as I have ever seen them in my life this weekend, so we were trapped inside for most of our trip :(.

This is peony Sorbet.

Thumbnail by Rarejem

Edith Wolford iris was just stunning.

Thumbnail by Rarejem

And the pink/purple lavender combo with the chives was wonderful.

Thumbnail by Rarejem

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.