Heidi Chronicles: Snack Time

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Quoting:

Did I misunderstand? Did you say your scoop, the one you gave Cleo one of, is a gallon jar? Wow! That's one heck of a scoop!

No -- Cheryl... you did misunderstand... the squirrel feeder 'container' is a gal pickle jar.... the "scoop" is a one pound dli container... i've seen them in your photos too.

tonight i gave Cleo a small scoop of kitty food and 4 cherries....

when i went out there, i went out the back door as she is near the front... i shook the dish a bit and was talking to her... she climbed the tree a bit,... she kept goign higher as i got closer... she was maybe 8' or so above me, when i set the dish down... i put 2 cherries up in the railing.

when i got back in side... she had gotten to the cherries and i could see her munching them... then i saw her sniffing, and she noticed the dish.... then she climbed down the tree - thru the railing and on to the walkway.... i heard her crunching the kibble. THe walkway is below the window, so i can't see her well... but i know she's enjoying her snack.

I just peeked.... she must be a delicate eater, as it's been about 15 min and she still eating. .. i didn't give her that much. a cup maybe.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

.... 5 min later... .she just sauntered off... ate only 1 of the 4 cherries and left some kibble.... looks like she has a bit of a limp ... but she walked across the street into the night.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

As this thread is now WAY too long, I've started a new thread here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1003830/

Let's all move over to the new tread now please. (I will be back soon, hopefully tomorrow to post comments to the new thread . Sorry no time tonight.)

Hope to see everyone there!

Thumbnail by DreamOfSpring

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.