Open House

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

I apologize, I have been so busy I haven't posted much and I should have started a thread to invite all of you to our Open House! Better late than never - it's this weekend :( I just figured I'd post a quick note for anyone close enough to drive to Lexington today. We had so much fun yesterday and even though I didn't get the gardens weeded completely every visitor commented on how lovely they look and I just want you all to see them! I haven't had time to take any pictures but one of our friends took some yesterday and I'm hoping to have some to share soon. I know everyone's busy this time of the year but we will HAVE to make plans for everyone to at least visit next year! Oops, almost forgot, directions are here: http://www.rickscustomnursery.com/openhouse.htm I am so excited because we finally have our "disappearing fountain" set up and it's wonderful to walk out the front door and hear the bubbling water! Phoebe's already figured out that it's a perfect way to get a quick drink - she licks the side of the vase as the water runs down it! I'll have to see if I can get her to "pose" for a picture to show you! LOL

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

RCN, you have no idea how much I would love to come and see your gardens. Not going to happen anytime soon but I would love to come.
Our cat Bubbles uses our blue ball the same way, we call it her personal drinking fountain. LOL

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

LOL, Holly you know that you and Ric are invited any time you're driving in this direction :) Not sure that I would ever have time to hold a swap here plus I'm just too beat at this time of the year and would no doubt make a poor hostess :( However, if any of you could get it planned for a 'group' visit I'd be happy to give you your own personal tour of the gardens :)

Things weren't quite as crazy yesterday and Rick and I were able to get our cameras out! I don't have them all loaded yet but this gives you an idea of the walk up the driveway. The yellow hoses everywhere looked a little messy - why Rick can't buy GREEN hoses I'll never know! LOL When we're too busy to answer questions in the gardens I made up posters to stake in the gardens with before and after photos to show visitors the progress over the years and a little information about each area :)

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

I think I actually got a better picture of my new little pond but this is all I have right now. As soon as I load my pictures I'll be posting on the Spring Projects thread to bring you up to date on my progress in this area. I wasn't able to get the dragonfly dripper running before the weekend but we found out yesterday what the problem was so hopefully it will be "dripping" soon! A few people didn't even notice the water so I picked a peony bloom to float in the water :)

Thumbnail by rcn48
Mechanicsville, MD

I wish I could have attended but I was out of town. Maybe next year. I would love to see your place. It looks amazing.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I looked at the pic first and then read what you wrote so I was wondering what flower you had growing in there. LOL
I have an old pic of the box pond that Ric took where he picked a few Dahlias and floated them for his pic.
That all looks so nice. I honesty don't seen how you have time to post at all with all that to do. It's not just the physical work of the garden but all the plant research you must send a lot of time on the computer as well.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Debbie, I wish I could be there. Please give Phoebe and yourself a hug for me.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

hart, maybe next year? I'll give Phoebe a hug for you, she made a lot of new friends this weekend and got tons of petting and hugs - she was as exhausted as we were! Here she is greeting our first customer on Sunday morning - our neighbor, Louise, with Homer :) Of course I had to defend her all weekend and tell everyone about her fight for her life last year when they made comments about her weight :( We're still working on it and if she continues to search the field for rabbits she should lose some pounds! Last week I saw her in the tall grass burying something? Went to investigate and she had buried a baby bunny - alive :( Sad, but doesn't hurt my feelings one bit, they are so destructive to the plants in the garden I want them ALL gone, dead or alive!

Holly, the only way I can find the time to post is to get up early - that's "my" time :) Going to post a few photos on the Spring Projects thread this morning and then hopefully tomorrow morning will be able to start a new thread with photos from this weekend.

Thumbnail by rcn48
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Phoebe girl! Look at you! Good to see her furry face. Let me know if you need any dog diet tips. The vet wanted Jello to lose weight so she's been on a diet. So far she's lost 6 lbs. I think for Jello it's her seizure meds that make her gain because she doesn't eat huge amounts.

Poor little bunny. But I agree about their destructiveness.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.