Help! Gotta stop thinking so much!

Courtenay, BC

I am putting up a birdbath and of coarse I have to put a flowerbed around it (any excuse to put in another flower bed will work for me) Anyway, I was going to put this in the middle of the lawn, then I thought "it's awfull hot here" so I thought of putting it in the shade then I thought "I can't really see it here and I really wanted it in the middle of the lawn" so I started putting it back on the lawn then I thought "will the water get too hot here?"

SOMEONE tell me where to put the darn thing! Under a tree, in the middle of the lawn or in the bacement until I have a garage sale.

Seriously, is there a better place?
Candleberry

St. Thomas, ON(Zone 5b)

Ha! ha! ha! how about close to a hose, so you can change the water frequently, and then you don't have to worry if it gets hot, just change it. Which you'll have to do anyway with the Nile Virus about. It would look nice in the centre of your yard.:~)

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh do not over tax you brain thinking about it! LOL! Just set it where it looks good to you and fill it up! :}

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

candleberry - I had the same problem since the builders took down the immediate shade trees near the house. I had my bird table and bird bath in the sun and then noticed that the birds were literally "hopping" on the bath. So obviously it was getting very hot for the poor loves. Couldn't move it further back into the garden in the shade because it meant my cats couldn't observe the antics from the screen porch. So have just planted a 4 foot conifer in front of both bath and table and while it is not protecting them completely, does afford some shade. I would tell you to put yours under a tree and make a beautiful shade garden there with hostas and bulbs and small shrubs. This is what I intend to do :-)

Courtenay, BC

Thanks folks
In the end I put it in a semi-shaded existing bed and it looks wonderful.
Now I have to find another excuse to put a bed in the middle of the lawn. Shouldn't be too hard to come up with something......hmmm maybe a wishing well!
Candleberry

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

How about a sundial, surrounded by herbs in the shape of a waggon wheel. Another idea idling somewhere in my ageing brain! You did the right things for those birds though!!

Courtenay, BC

Thats a neat idea louisa! Also thinking about a wishing well too.
candleberry

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.