The Flowerpot Cafe'

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Hiya all, holy cow the cafe is beaming! What a crowd!

Congrats Geek! Waaay to go.

Cute pup!! I can see why people are so found of the dalmations!!

Ye-gads, haighr, hail? Did you have a tornado?

Last time we had hail we got three inches of the stones and a tornado came through our old farm.. that was a long time ago, but hial seems to be accompanied by high winds.

The arrangements are fabulous ladies! Keep them coming and keep up the great works you all do.

I am still really behind in stuff I am trying to catch up in. The hub is still having to go to the pain clinic and I am torn in too many directions. Between the rain, the injuries and things going awry this year, all my best intentions keep getting waylaid. It is sooo true that once you are behind, it seems you never can catch up. But we keep trying.

Well, cheers to all. I need to get back to work again.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Oh Candee - sorry to hear about the hail and storm and being stuck in your car.
Blossom - you caught up yet LoL

Terri - maybe tassels or inflorescence?

Christchurch, New Zealand

nasty hail!
We are supposed to get it in June - it is winter down here...
I think some of ours got seriously lost.
Box it's ears & send it home...

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Well all in all came out quite good. One tree down up the road was cleared by this morning. The hail finally melted and nothing looks too damaged. Haven't been out in the gardens or veggie patch but looked okay from the windows this morn. No tornado thank goodness just 50 mph wind gusts and the marble sized hail.
blossom, I know how it is when making trips to the pain clinic and seeming like you are taking one step up and 2 steps back, but don't get too down about it. What doesn't get done will soon be forgotten and you will be back to normal and on track and all will be accomplished.

london England, United Kingdom

Hi everyone!

OOhhhhhh dear Poor Candee, come in out of the hailstones and recover from your ordeal!
Plantgeek, may we have one of your specials to warm Candee up please!
What freaky weather you have! Hope the plants are ok when you get out there to check.

LoL Gwen, I know it's Amaranthus!! but it's not really a flower is it? or is it? !
Tassle sounds like a good name for it, Thanks Dianne!

Come and meet the new girl! ..... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/999279/

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Caught up.. never! Since the rains, the grass has taken over the garden.. Things are a bit long and au-natural here. Its chilly today.. but looks likethe rain is getting out of the forecast.

Hey has anyone heard from elle?

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks, got my toes all toasty after running over the icy porch yesterday. Much better today back up to 91 degrees yuk!

Hi Blossom and Candee,
elle hasn't been in for a while, busy with farm life and all those new kids no doubt!
Singing or cake or tea usually brings her back. lol!
Wow 91 degrees !!! that is toasty.

Here's a cuppa!

Thumbnail by terriculture
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, hope she shows up soon! I have a baby duckie to show her! Its a wild one. A momma has 5 ducklings out on our little pond. They are really cute and being that they are wild, very welcome!

I do not know what kind it is.. its a little black duck and she is so small I bet she would fit into a cigar box! The babies are adorable!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Louisville, KY

One steaming pot of ginger/ cardamon tea at your request for all those with frozen toes.
Wow, that's quite the heap of hail Candee. Smart to stay in your car. I'm surprised we didn't get any of that business, just buckets of rain. Here it is June and I have yet to water anything. This has been a freaky 2-3 years with the weather.

Tassles Terri? Would you like pasties with that? lol

Blossom, hope the hubby gets to feeling better soon. Pain is no fun unless your'e into M&M's.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks Geek!

He is on the recovery. I have been slowly working his dogs off! LOL! Getting him primered and ready to go back to work. He has had to do the physical therapy thing. No drugs, just motion adjustments and the electrodes thingee! And massage therapy.

No comment on the tassles!!! LOL! You mean pastries dont you??? Like in chocolate donuts or cremey filleds!! LOL!

You are tooo funny! LOL!

Last time we had hail, the hub had to go out in it and get the horses in. Well the poor dumb animals were more terrified of the sound it made hitting the steel roof and the DH is running around being all heroic trying to save them with a soup pot on his head!!! We had three inches come down. It was my opening day of our greenhouse at the old farm too and we lost over 5000 mums that we had just bumped up to larger pot and moved outside for market and wham! When the storm ended you could tell where it went by the trail of hail. It abruptly ended not to far from our farm and there was a beautiful rainbow. It was accompanied by a small tornado. And was another one of those dang storms that almost zapped my bisquits with lightning.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Alstromerias are still going strong, so here is another one for the cafe. Think of it as sunshine after all the hail and rain. I like this squatty lab flask.

Candee - did I not hear you mention something about a cherry pie? I am starving - is there any left?

Thumbnail by soilsandup

Just you wait till my Tassles grow!!! I'll give you pasties with them mate!

Thanks for the Alstromeria arrangement Dianne, I'm just gonna hide it in the cupboard incase Candee comes in. I'll take it out when the coast is clear. ok? Lovely colours and the squatty vase is a great idea.
The bakin' won't be done until friday!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

LOL pasties, pastries, you are too much!
I see they are still going strong Dianne and I am glad you brought them in but???
Terri that is some splendid cuppa you got out back. I almost fell over it getting in here. Is that the fence that Steven put up, isn't it encroaching on the cafe property a tad?
Won't be any pie baking until I get some cherries, had to order them and not sure when they will arrive, but will be sure to save everyone a slice.

Hi Candee,
You noticed the new fence then! Don't know why Steven put up a lower fence panel in that section, we can see his washing line now! Luckily his underpants were not hanging up for view!!

Louisville, KY

Oh my! Pasties, pasties in my eye. I'll be a-waitin' Terri. lol

Blossom, glad to hear hubby is on the mend. And drug free in doing so. They are so over-used. My sweetie gave me a homeopathic remedy called Traumeel which works remarkably well. Comes in a cream and pellets. With my line of work, I get all sorts of aches and knocks, so I've tried various things to get and stay well. lol Dang, that sounded like an advertisement. Oh crap. I've gone commercial! Quick, someone give me some Shakespear, play Beethoven, loud, very loud. Uh-oh, there goes my head spinning around. Duck! Green pea soup cometh.

Whew. All right then.

So, nice arrangement Dianne. Hey, I just thought, colored water in that cool vase might give it another flavor.

Candee, you are right. That fence is creeping onto our sunshine in the yard. I tore it down, quite by accident in my sleep, so I can't be held accountable. But since it's down, we may as well use the boards for something useful. Any suggestions y'all?

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Perhaps we could make a raised bed garden with the wood. Or I could have steve make us a shed with it he is getting quite adept at shed building? We could get all the rakes and shovels and such outta the kitchen closet and that would make Ms. Woodsy very happy cause the other day I noticed her open the door and the watering can fell out and bumped her on the head and she was livid - Hailin all over the place!

Yay a cafe' shed!!!! can we hang out in there???

I thought Ms Woodsy had packed her bags long time!
think she keeps outta my way because I know she's lazy, what does she do anyway?

See? When I just came in, she blanked me again!

I've had a word with Ms Woodsy and everything is ok now.

Ms Woodsy has agreed to hold the raffle tickets for our sunflower contest!
Get your tickets here! we have numbers 1 to 20. Pick your lucky numbers and you will become a proud owner of a sunflower plant which will be entered into the contest! Regular updates of your sunflowers progress will be available on the sunflower thread.
If anyone has spares please offer them up for the raffle!

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

I'm picking number 3.

Louisville, KY

Yeah, a woodshed! Just the place for spankins. hehehe It's been awhile hasn't it? And if we have leftovers, we could use that for a raised bed. Hmmm... I do have a few wood scraps. Maybe we can all pitch in and have both. Iv'e got buckets of seeds of all sorts of weirdness from far reaches off the unbeaten path. Could be dangerous. Could be fun.

Thanks for cooling Ms. Woodsy Terri. She does tend to get her tassels in a twist. I made her a cup of dragon pearl jasmine tea. Calmed her right into a contented smile. I swore she purred.

Whoohoo, a contest! And sunflowers to boot. What a great idea Terri, thank you. I pick #7.

Thanks Gwen, you have number 3, great choice!
Glad you like the idea Plantgeek, number 7 is yours another good one.

Just bringing in our new lamp, if we keep it on all night we may get some night owls!

Louisville, KY

Wow, that's really very nice Terri.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Hiya! I want numer 20, figgure its the next closest number to my age.. er is that IQ? Aw heck, truth be known, its my weight!! LOL!

Must go back to the swamp now....

Ribbet

Thank you Plankgeek. Hi everyone!

Blossom number 20 is rather small LoL! I was hoping to get at least 5 raffle tickets from your patch!!!
Lets say 21 to 25 for me please, Thank you kindly!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Ok.. your saving 20 to 25 for me? I am sooo cornfused!? Put me down for the winners! hehehe! FIX FIX! LOL!

Gads I best get back to work.. I am soooooooo swamped!

Burpribbbet!.... Oh the soup, here it comes again, LOOOK OUT GEEK! Oooooh, my shiney new scales! She slimed me again! LOL!~Rrrrright on my new wart!

Hi Blossom, Sorry didn't mean to cause confusion dear!
You have number 20.

If you have any spare sunflower plants on your patch and are willing to donate some to the cafe' for our raffle. I would like to bagsy some of yours, they look great!

Louisville, KY

And a pretty wart it was at that. Here's a towel for ya Blossom and a potion fot 3 new warts, hair not included.

Whoohoo, I got a new voodoo lily yesterday- saurosatum venosum. Sounds wicked, smells terrible when in bloom, but it's such an interesting plant that I had to have it ( much to my sweetie's disgust, hehehe).

Hey, where is Elle? Anyone heard from her?

Hiya Plantgeek! Voodoo lily sounds cool, enjoy the pong!! hair not included LOL!
Forgot to sow my beargrass seeds.. gonna do it today, thanks for reminding me!
Are you slapping or slopping paint around today or having a day of rest?
Hope elle's is ok, maybe her computer went wrong! I'll give her a shout..................

ELLE, are you ok???? cyber traffic ahead but I'm on my way to the farm....................

Louisville, KY

LOL on the hair. Nope, no sloppin' paint today, just scribbling, tending to the garden, critters, my poor sick DW. She's got the flu, probably monkey-sars-piggy-pox. Just kidding.The whole thing has been blown out of proportion, however there have been several cases of H1N1 here in Louisville. Most likely, it's just a bug that crawled up her nose when someone sneezed. But, to be cautious, we are dosing ourselves with herbs, liquids and rest.

Good luck with the seeds and finding Elle in all this traffic. But with that wonderful set of wheels keeping an eye out, it shouldn't be a problem.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh Geek, I just love that Vodoo that you dodoo! Now I got more warts!

Ribbet!!

Hey anyone got a spare can of nair, my warts are getting beards.

LOL!

Terri, I am selecting some special spare sunflowers for you...
here

I got them in a special place out in the country. I will have to photo them later though. Be a day or so before I get back there.

Well, back to work here. Heading to my GPS4 if anyone is joining me there! See ya!

And Geek, get wellies to you there.. that monkey-sars thingee is needing a new potion.... perhaps a little watermelon wine?

Louisville, KY

Burp... yep, that's the ticket Blossom.
Now serving Voodoo wine in a watermellon. Gourd ahead and have some y'all. Wheeeeee....

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Great lamp just what we needed. Hope that Elle sees the truck coming and hops on and gets back in here!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

That is indeed a great lamp. I also made a smaller arrangement of the gardenia for the cafe. Maybe the smell may draw Elle back?

Thumbnail by soilsandup
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Soils, oh my, gorgeous gardenias. I cant grow those.

GEEK! I jest gotta show ya my wart! Lookie here will ya!!

LOOOOK CLOSE! LOL! I think its gotten bigger! It started out as a little dot.

MOre wallermelon peez!

This message was edited Jun 15, 2009 6:21 AM

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Oh la la, Dianne if that doesn't get her back in here I don't know what will. They are just divine I can smell them all the way over here.
BB I had the very same looking wart last week at the cabin. Must be something that is goine around, what treatment do you plan the rubbin with a potato and then bury it in the ground? Or somethin else!

Louisville, KY

Absolutely beautiful Dianne! Hats off.

LOL Blossom, I toad ya that would hoppin' if ya hung around the pond a tad too long. Quick, have more melon and I'll whip up a potion. Now lemme see, where the heck did I put that eye of newt?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL!

Well the derned thing is starting to come off now, but sheesh, now I need a cure for the gills. I'm swamped right up to them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.