Chantell, did you find any goodies yesterday?

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Waiting to hear about your haul from Webers.

Guess what I found yesterday? I've been looking for years for a yellow tree peony to replace the one I left at my old house. Never could find one - they're really expensive. Went to Costco yesterday and they had yellow intersectional (cross between tree and herbacious peonies) for $29.99, huge plants just covered in buds. So my peony quest has ended in success. This is the one I got. (Note the price on this page and you'll see I'm not kidding about expensive.)

http://www.peonygarden.com/ITOH%20PAGES/sequestered_sunshine350.htm

Shenandoah Valley, VA

bump Well?

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Wow, that's beautiful, Hart. Good luck with it!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Thanks, Stormy. Smells wonderful too.

Chantell, where are you? Yooohooooooooooo!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I know...how horrible am I? If it's not a saved thread....I tend to see them weeks later!! Ugh!! They had a very nice selection of plants - for those that like Roses - woooowhooooo!!! Also lilacs, Azaleas...lots of shrubs, annuals etc. Saw the Improved Dwarf Myer Lemon that everyone's in search of - price was just under $50 though...that being said when I figured how big the pot was - the price is actually within reason of what other nurseries are charging for the smaller sized nursery pots. Soooo, it's all relative. Sadly I didn't come away with anything in hand. Getting harder and harder to find things that I want these days without going the mail order route. I'm sure I'll have the opposite challenge when I head to FL with Becky in a month!!
BTW - that bloom is gorgeous, Diane!! Like having the sunshine up close and personal!!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Wait until the half price sale and that lemon will be $25. Did you get a chance to check out the perennials or just shrubs?

You and Bec are going to Florida? That sounds like a fun road trip and will you get to see your grandma too?

I have one bloom on the peony and I took a photo last night along with a bunch of other stuff. I'll post those later.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I think the perennials were over by the shrubs to the left of the building....yes? If so - I did take a peeksee at them as well. Felt bad as many of the larger trees had fallen over with the wind.
Bec and I will be on the opposite side of FL from Grandma...so I won't be seeing her this time. Contemplating maybe late fall though...

Shenandoah Valley, VA

The perennials run from the side of the building on the left, to the left and right of and behind the little building and down almost to the property line fence on the far left. There's a gravel section in between but it's a huge area with hundreds and hundreds of plants.

There are some shrubs in front of the little building past the roses but most are up the hill behind the main greenhouse building and where most of the perennials are located.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

ooopsss...me thinks I "might" have missed a "couple" ugh

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I figured. It would be impossible for you to go through their perennials and not find something. LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Sad, I tell you...just sad

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Well, you'll just have to get up here for another visit when you're not so rushed. You could take me with you - I know where they have everything stashed. LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Now THAT sounds like a plan!!!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Are you all still planning on coming up for the half price sale next month? I know Ruby is interested so if you are, might want to touch base with her. I know I'll be going.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Not sure when the 1/2 price sale is - only plans for June are FL with Becky - I can dmail you with the dates

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.