What is happening in your early summer garden?

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

We came from here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/979983/

This is climbing rose'Peach Silk' which is perhaps my favorite in the garden. It's such a rich and lovely color.

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Here's rose Iceberg plus clematis Niobe.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Here it is in it's setting.

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

OOps forgot to put the Iceberg in here.

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

The bearded iris speak for themselves.

Thumbnail by doss
Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

What a pretty setting for the iris....beautiful garden.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oh gorgeous Doss - beautiful setting. Oh how lovely to see established gardens, I have so many baby plants... I can't wait for it to fill in and out. Then I'll see my mistakes and start again .

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Just gorgeous doss! Especially love that first shot, very romantic looking rose.

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

I'm having a little garden envy now Doss.

Very nice.

Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA(Zone 9a)

doss, it's always so lovely to see pictures of your garden---it's an inspiration!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

WOW! I love everything, especially the roses!

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Doss, beautiful pictures to start my day. Love your garden!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to see what is coming up in your gardens too. Such a fun time of year. Aren't the roses going gangbusters? Stunning.

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Had a few more Yorkshire (R. alba) buds open today, but some critter broke one of the branches. grrrr....
Don't notice any fragrance at all.

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

New salvia....Wendy's Wish:

Thumbnail by wcgypsy

Pretty. Looks pinkish with some salmon in it? One of those colors that doesn't have a name? Or at least I don't know it!

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

It's kind of a hot magenta.....

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I hate that when that happens KaperC.
ANd a beautiful Salvia wc.

Well, on the other hand, a FIVE YEAR OLD flannel bush had its first bloom today! Yippee!

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Couldn't resist....

Thumbnail by wcgypsy
Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Don't blame you. Got to give into those urges every once in a while.
Elderberry is blooming.
WIB!
SW

Thumbnail by SingingWolf
Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

The buckwheat on the hills is blooming.

Thumbnail by SingingWolf
Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Star thistle. Was promptly removed. Still a pretty flower.

Thumbnail by SingingWolf
Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

A grouping of Easter Lilies.

Thumbnail by SingingWolf
Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

My Guava is still blooming. ^_^

Thumbnail by SingingWolf
Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

My plumeria is very happy!
Last one from me today.
WIB!
SW

Thumbnail by SingingWolf
Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

I have a couple of newbies.

My first nasturtium of the season.

Thumbnail by DesertPirate
Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

I'm not sure if I posted this one of my larkspur or not.

That's all for today.

Thumbnail by DesertPirate
Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

DP, Are all Larkspur that tall? What are you feeding them? Your Nasturtium is a real beauty!
WIB!
SW

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

I don't know about all, but mine are. I just feed them my usual 15-15-15 bed food. I think I started them out on Miracle Gro when they were just seedlings, but nothing special. It is some very good soil though. It's so full of worms you can't scratch the surface without unearthing one.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Good dirt, DP. I have to water already. Took the shovel and it's dry as far as the spade goes in.
With having to take care of Mom, I'm way behind in my gardening. Going to force some teens to do some yard work and help me get caught up. I don't know where the worms go when it gets this dry, but they come back when it rains, or I water.
WIB,
SW

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Meant to post this earlier.
Rats Tail Bloom, gift from KC at the mini-RU. Haven't seen the hummers around it yet, but it is too close to the ground. The cats could reach them. I need to move it.
Thanks KC, I really have enjoyed watching this cactus bloom. ^_^
WIB,
SW

Thumbnail by SingingWolf
Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

They just go a little deeper.

It probably helps that I get paid to take care of all of this, SW. I have plenty of time.

I'm the only one at my campus so I get to do things I like to do. These are on the back side of a building at the back of the campus and will be transplanted to the front beds as I need color.

It's a pretty fun job.

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

SW I love your pictures. I didn't know elderberries grew here, when we would visit my sister in Wisconsin many years ago they would take the blossoms dip them in batter and deep fry them. I loved them. Beautiful plumeria, I envy you. Mine are just starting to put out new leaves. Master gardeners all around.

Had some friends from Yugoslavia who would cook flowers that way. They didn't know the name of the tree in English, but saw one in the neighborhood and asked if they could harvest some. The neighbors were just as glad to have them gone (less mess for them), so that worked out for both sides. They were delicious, too.

Your buckwheat is beautiful, SW. Ours blooms much later. I forgot to point out the St. Catherine's Lace at the RU, so you could see the difference when it is in bloom. I'll try and post before/after photos when it does bloom.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Wow, I can't believe that plumeria already in bloom! Mine is still bare!

I was pretty happy with this picture I was able to take of my daylily:

Thumbnail by robcorreia
Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Samigal, don't be envious, my plumeria just gets to live in the greenhouse during the winter. The one I given at the round up is putting on leaves now. They really like the heat. I do live on a farm, and I get a lot of variety. All spread out all over the place.
DP, it's good to like your job, have a great deal of autonomy, and someone is paying you to do it. Smart guy. What campus is this? I've got a kid who really needs to pick up a couple of classes for the summer.
I never tried deep frying the elderberries, but heck, my youngest son will eat anything if it is deep fried, (Giggle), even veggies! Might be fun!
I know that a lot of flowers are edible, but not which ones. Learn something new every day! LOL!
I really like the buckwheat too, KC. That and this bush, don't know what it is, are the only bushes still blooming on our hills right now. Sage bloom came and went so fast. They are a picky plant, they like a bit more water.
WIB,
SW

Thumbnail by SingingWolf
Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

My poor daylilies aren't blooming yet, Rob. Yours is gorgeous! I love the sunburst effect!
WIB,
SW

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

I have this huge iochroma in full bloom, it's as tall as the house.

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue
Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

CSue, WOW! Very impressive! Lovely color too!
WIB,
SW

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.