Siberian and species are on the way!

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Polly isn't that the greatest siberian (So VanGough)
I love the colors
Anita

This message was edited May 28, 2009 1:27 PM

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Anita, that IS the greatest siberian. It's very slow to spread here, anyway, but it's got to be my all time favorite sib.

North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

The purple seedling is very pretty.

So Van Gogh has the most wonderful color combinations. I am glad I bought that one myself. Hopefully next year see it bloom here in my own garden.

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Mine hasn't bloomed yet but I'm hoping! Love Pond Angel and 02MPu09. How exciting!

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

I love that So Van Gogh! Where can I buy it?

Its one of the Shaffer/Sacks intros from Joe Pie Weeds Garden

http://www.jpwflowers.com/

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks! Just looked at their website - they're only an hour or less away from me - wonder if they allow visitors when the siberians are in bloom? I'll definitely have to get in touch with them! They have some lovely irises.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Banish Misfortune

Thumbnail by pollyk
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Soft Blue

Thumbnail by pollyk
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Flight Of Butterflies

Thumbnail by pollyk
Lebanon, OR

I see another purchase in my future with Van Gogh

Anita

08 bloomed today and a couple of others so hope with all the tours I can still get a picture

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Dragonfly

Both Dragonfly and Flight Of Butterflies are very tiny flowered, floating well above the leaves.

Thumbnail by pollyk

Love Banish misfortune and Soft Blue's form (is that it's name?). I haven't been taking pics for 2 days cause of the rain. I bet my Flight is out.

South Hamilton, MA

I think it is the correct name--an older plant.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Yes, Soft Blue is the name. Like Lucy said it's an older one.

It's been raining here all day, quit long enough for me to take a few pictures.

These are my first for the year other than China Spring, and Caitlin's Smile, and since I can't top your pics, Boojum, no sense in taking them, LOL.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

I have Silver Rose out and Riverdance should be out soon.

This message was edited May 28, 2009 8:38 PM

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Can't wait for pics! I don't know Silver Rose. Riverdance is a beauty.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Here you are Pollyk, Silver Rose

Thumbnail by jumper2
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks! That's a beauty.

Call me Polly, please.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Polly, I should have Harbor Mist soon too. It's a lighter blue.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Don't know that one, either. So can't wait to see that picture, too.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

President Truman

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Illini Glory

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Sky Wings

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Dirigo Black Velvet
Yes it is really that color

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Richard's Joyous Love

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

And my NEW Favorite
Neat Trick

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Here is Neat Trick in a Clump

Thumbnail by avmoran
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Love those clump shots. Neat trick is a favorite of mine, too.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I think I may have Blue King, if it is a "real" registered or not plant. It is much darker than the picture. More purple than blue.

Thumbnail by mittsy

The pictures are starting to come faster now, love seeing the new blooms. Some really great ones in this last batch.

I just looked at Ensata Gardens for NEAT TRICK but they are sold out. I must say that the picture they have posted didn't make me look twice at it but both the closeup and clump shot here got my attention so fast it was not funny. Its now on my must have list. What an striking and unusual look.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

NY Rita the edges of Neat Trick are Naturally Blunted and ragged. This is something to look for and is normal for this cultivar and not damage
I'll try and send a close up
:)
A

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

The edges fold tear a little but it is part of the look
It is just great
A

Thumbnail by avmoran

Looks great to me. It's deffinately on my must have list. But after planting 52 Siberian Iris this spring, I suppose its ok to wait until next spring.

I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

Well, If I had realised I wanted it sooner I could have added it to my order from Snowpeak Iris. I just looked on the site and Dee does have it.

I can plant one more in the spot in the front yard were I put my order from Dee but otherwise I have some things to move around again and a garden bed border to move out before I plant more Sibs. Just not up to doing any of that this spring.

As far as planting lots of them, you know they are fairly small. Its not like they are big shrubs or something like that were one has to dig a very big planting hole.

But I am excited about the blooms I should be having next spring, even if the clumps will still be small by then. Not big like all yours!

Your sibs will put on a great show!! Can't wait!

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

these flowers are crazy wonderful. i have never looked at these before. do they bloom after the tb iris? do they like moist soil or can they tolerate a little dryness?

so van gogh is gorgeous. looked at that sight and fell in love with several more. surely these can be grown here.

I think I have a nice selection of them. But not enough for me, I still want more.

I have plans to put a row of them in a garden I have on a slope in my front yard but have not put any there yet. I just bought two flats of zinnias and planted them along there this past week so I will be waiting until spring to put that planned row in. Just wanted to fill in the bare space. This would be the very back row of a garden thats started with two rows of daylilies.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

iris suaveolens..........what kind of iris is that?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.