Markdown Plants at Lowes

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

I was surprised at the amount of plants they had marked down on a holiday weekend. I got 3 named creeping phlox, Rudbeckia Toto, 2 Dianthus Star Spangled, Coreopsis Moonbeam, all in gallon pots for $1 each, and a Gerbera in a huge pot marked down to $2, the only thing wrong is the flower on it was broken. It's still got plenty of buds!

Thumbnail by momcat
Gilmer, TX(Zone 8b)

Wow momcat you hit the jackpot!

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

There were 3 racks this morning, and evidently there were different people who had marked the racks. I got all these off of one rack. The other two racks had annuals in 6 packs and some single pack annuals marked for $1. Not much of a deal there, but the perennials were cut more drastically than usual. Generally the gallon pots are $2, sometimes $3, so I was surprised to find them for $1.

Deb

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

I'm afraid to go to Lowe's for fear of wanting more than I can plant. They had tons of flowers on Mother's Day. And some beautiful lilies. I ended up spending $40 there, but got alot of cool plants - variegated drawf gardenia for $6. I thought their prices were really good in comparison to HD. I might just have to ditch HD stocks and get Lowe's!

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

I usually don't even look at their regular price plants. They are generally around the same price as my local nursery, and I would rather support the local family owned nursery for those. I just stop in for the bargains!!

Deb

This is last year's bargain columbine. Winky blue & white.

Thumbnail by momcat
Gilmer, TX(Zone 7b)

MiniPonyFarmer,
Yes, I frequent the Longview Lowe's. They probably recognize my face (Oh, no here comes that lady again....you know, the one who stands and stares at the coneflowers!) I was there tonight and they didn't really have anything. I'll have to check out their plant site online. Now if I can just keep the gophers from eating my coneflowers....

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8b)

I went yesterday too and I picked up some pretty blue salvia and some red (not sure) agastache for $1.50 each. They went into the ground this morning and look fantastic.

I got a shrimp plant for $4, large container too.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
Portland, TN(Zone 7a)

I went last week and got a lilac bush for 2.50.. It was at least in an 8 gallon. He is looking nice beside the one I harvested from my grandmother a few years ago.

Durham, NC(Zone 7b)

Our local Lowes seems to be doing the same thing - I was able to pick up a Mahonia for only $6... maybe not as good a deal as some are finding but not bad around here. I also found heather for $2. They have not added those beautiful pink Gerbera's momcat found - but I have my eyes on them - now if I could only teach my brother to let me know (he works there BUT never tells me when things go on sale :-()

lucky you. He can put them aside for you...

Durham, NC(Zone 7b)

haha, Lili, I wish!! - he is not the gardening type. When he did work in the gardening area he had no clue! Now that he is in paint he wont even go out there! he has some funny stories though, people tapping their foot waiting in line, to buy 'dirt' they could go out back and dig up if they needed it that quickly - his words... or the people who take their little toy car to Lowes and then buy 10 -15 bags of mulch and wonder why it wont fit... he is sort of a plain and simple guy of 25yrs and a bit of a matter-a-factly type so his stories can be hilarious, but he still wouldn't look at the plants for me :-( so I go by about once a week and check it out now, as I am building a retaining wall all by my self and buy the stones in sets I can handle - 75 used, so far :-) NEED more! :-D

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

I got two really pretty bright red mandavillas for $1 each yesterday. Plus a Plumbago, a Hibiscus (can't remember the name, but it's a tropical), a duranta, and something else tropical with small blue flowers that I can't remember the name of, all for $1 each, plus some tomato plants for 5 cents each.

wow momcat - you made OUT!

Durham, NC(Zone 7b)

momcat - Im impressed!! you are getting some great deals! Congrats, and may they keep this up all summer and fall for you

Kannapolis, NC

Guess it's time for me to swing by my Lowe's and check out the sale plants.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.