Lion, Tigers, and Bears...oh my

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Sooooo took Miss Chloe to the zoo...first the Pandas (of course) - waaaaayyy in the back ground

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Then the elephant house...she couldn't tell which took priority looking at them or covering her nose at the "fragrance" ^_^

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Wish I could actually tell you what this horse relative was...but honestly I don't remember....Tink just kept callin' it horsie

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ahhhh I love this....wasn't sure if the toddler or monkey was more amused watching the other

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Here's my girls sitting down smiling pretty...

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

All tuckered out

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

BTW "our" girl celebrated her BIG 02 a couple weeks ago - lovin' that cake her aunt made her

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Has bike - will travel

Thumbnail by Chantell
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

"Horsie" is a Prewalski's Horse ^_^ - http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/AsiaTrail/fact-phorse.cfm

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Oh my - she is cuter than ever!!!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

THAT'S it...you're amazing...and yes....THAT good...ha, beat you!

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

I remember those orange monkeys from decades ago! The national zoo was among the first to breed them in captivity (Golden Marmoset, or Golden Lion Tamarins) and I saw the first babies. They were almost extinct, and the zoos' breeding program was successful at re-introducing them into the wild. Now they're just "endangered"...
That is a funny picture

edit: okay, I read up a little and there were others zoos breeding them before, but there was a big push to help them in the '70's. The babies were tiny little guys, and such a bright color, I'll never forget seeing them.

http://nationalzoo.si.edu/conservationandscience/endangeredspecies/gltprogram/default.cfm

This message was edited May 5, 2009 12:24 AM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Good job Bec, I remembered these beautiful horses from previous visits to the zoo. All I could recall was they were truly wild, were native to the Mongolian steppes, and really smelled like horses. LOL :o) Ric

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Cute!

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Awesome photos of your girls... all of them!
I'm sure you had a great time!
We were up there a few weeks ago when the girls were on spring break.
The girls did better than we did... I was exhausted afterwards!

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ahhh they love it at any age, don't they? And yes exhausting...that last hill coming back...ugh

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

OMG! Tell me about it! If I had to push a stroller up that hill now, I would have been crawling and pushing it with my head!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.