Show us your bloomers!!!

Decatur, GA

Very pretty flowers cedar18. I love the coneflowers too and have a few blooming.
I do keep my iris in the same flower bed with little else. When I moved here about 6years ago I had taken some pieces from the iris at my old house. You know how moving is so I just dug a quick trench and stuck them in. I never moved them and when I go a new iris from friends and relatives I just dug another trench and add it to the bed. I have taken care of the soil since and with the rain this year they have done better than ever.
I need to get out with my camera and get some up to date shots.
Helen

Thomson, GA

Wow, beautiful iris. I am starting a new bed that will have iris in them, hopefully I'll have better luck this time. I love the coneflowers! I need to find a spot for some next year. Here's some "today" blooms.

I believe this is "Aubade" Oriental lily. Smells yummy!

Thumbnail by guardians
Thomson, GA

My only Hibiscus, a hardy pink swamp beauty with 7" blooms. I must try some more colors of these.

Thumbnail by guardians
Thomson, GA

Volunteer Giant Sunflowers, with busy bees.

Thumbnail by guardians
Thomson, GA

This end of the daylily bed is sad looking, not enough rain lately and I just haven't gotten that far down to weed and preen in this horrendous heat. Still, "Pocket Change" saw fit to reward my neglect with the first bloom on this one year old plant.

Thumbnail by guardians
Thomson, GA

Dorothy Lambert daylily

Thumbnail by guardians
Thomson, GA

Lavender Perfection Dahlia. My first and still one of my favorites.

Thumbnail by guardians
Thomson, GA

Strawberry Candy daylily

Thumbnail by guardians
Thomson, GA

Always Afternoon and visitor.

Thumbnail by guardians
Thomson, GA

Kelvin Floodlight has a visitor as well.

Thumbnail by guardians
Thomson, GA

NOID but quite a bloomer!

Thumbnail by guardians
Thomson, GA

First blooms on Condilla. Much prettier in person!

Thumbnail by guardians
Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

I am saving seed from my poppy beds.. I hope they will do well when I get back home down there....This one is particularly beautiful, but I have no name on it...

Thumbnail by DustyDS
Dahlonega, GA

Nice , dusty . digger

Decatur, GA

guardians,
Your lillies are gorgeous... what a fabulous collection you have. I am impressed.

Helen

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Guardians, love the dahlias. Do you have to dig them up and store for winter?

Thomson, GA

I have not dug them and so far so good. I asked the question on the dahlia forum when I first planted them and was told that the president of the GA Dahlia Society leaves his in the ground, so I figured that was good enough for me! I have lost a few, just turned to mush, I guess from poor drainage. But for the most part, they have really thrived. I keep finding more in the strangest places. I have one that I almost pulled up (thought it was a weed!) growing in the middle of a huge sedum. When frost comes I'll dig it up and relocate.

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Your day lilies are beautiful! Mine are winding down because we haven't had any rain :(
Dusty, you know we can't wait for you to get back down here and of course we will share seeds, etc. with you.

Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

Awwww...Thank you...I can barely wait to get there...It almost seems like the longer I'm here, the more anxious I am to go...I just want to get *home*, get settled down, and start breathing again...

Here is my Bloomer for today

This is Lindy Twirl..

Thumbnail by DustyDS

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.