Show us your bloomers!!!

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

;) What is blooming in your yard and gardens?
So far here:
iris, pincushion flower, spiderwort, ajuga, coral bells, grape hyacinth, peonies have buds, old fashioned climbing pink roses, hydrangeas have small buds. Azaleas are over and done, probably because I never fertilize them.....

Thumbnail by Raggedyann

another one....

Thumbnail by Raggedyann
Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Ra- I am so excited each day to see what has bloomed. I have several NOID bearded irises, passalongs from my Dad and Grandmother. I'll post one.
Plus, blooming now:
Allium christophii (Star of Persia,)
Amsonia hubritchii (Bluestar, dogbane)
Baptisia 'Purple Smoke' & species
Pansies
Scabiosa 'Butterfly Blue' and 'Pink Mist'
Spiderwort - 'Bilberry Ice' , 'Sweet Kate' and species
Verbena - 'Babylon Blue' -annual (just bought last month)
Snowdrop Anemone
Banana shrub
Columbine - yellow, purple & white
Dianthus, perennials 'Fire Star' & 'Bath's Pink'
Dianthus -Sweet Williams
Phlox divaricata - species & 'Blue Moon'
Trumpet Honeysuckle
Clematis 'Henryi'
Siberian Iris 'sea of dreams' - very exciting; bought it last year

Did you get a lot of rain today? It's been heavy at times 'up' here.

Thumbnail by cedar18
Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh, I forgot another exciting development: I ordered 2 single type peonies last year and one is blooming 'Miss America.'

Thumbnail by cedar18

We got rain early this morning and it has been cloudy all day.
I forgot the 'raspberry surprise' dianthus by the mailbox is blooming like crazy too.

A little iris in the back yard....

Thumbnail by Raggedyann
Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Ra- is that Arum growing with your last iris? I have arum but they are in shade. We got 3/4 " rain so far.

This columbine takes sun; came from Smithgall Woods Arboretum's booth at last year's Hall Co. MG Expo in Gainesville. I love it. I don't usually have very good luck with Columbines.

Thumbnail by cedar18

Yes that is arum with the iris. I've had them for a few years and they seem to be taking off now. I may have to move them. They get some shade where they are now.
Your columbine are pretty. I may get my brother to send me some Colorado columbine since he lives there now. I've never grown them....

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Ra- apparently we are the only people in GA with blooms! We are very special :)

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

OK you guys can't have all the fun. I have a few things blooming, too.

Allium Schuberti (almost done blooming)

Thumbnail by beclu727
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Unknown Iris

Thumbnail by beclu727
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Daisies. There were a lot more, but DH cut them down so I could put in tomato and pepper bag beds.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Dianthus Firewitch and Firestar

Thumbnail by beclu727
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Red Hot Poker

A spiderwort has also started to bloom and I posted and unknown sage on the salvia thread.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Wow, Becky, my Red Hots have not even given a thought to forming a bloom stalk. Yours are precocious or mine are slow.

This is my "Pam's Choice" Foxglove that I grew from seed last year. All 3 plants are blooming now. I think I'm jumping too fast on my photo taking.

Thumbnail by cedar18

My alliums haven't bloomed yet. Any day now though.... I have some kind of daisies that a lady in the north Ga mountains gave hubby. They smell like a wet dog ;) Maybe they are chamomile or something lol
I love that iris too :)

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hey Y'all! Well heres some of my 'bloomers! This is a late photo of my Joseph's Coat Climber! It had all but bloomed out when I took this!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Lavender Iris...

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

A bad Photo of my golden Iris,, for some reason I never could get a clear shot!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hydrangeas are just starting to bloom...

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Eufaula, that is a pretty clear yellow though. Mine is kind of muddy yellow. Each year I think I'm over bearded irises because I cannot give them the conditions they like. We have so many trees around that I can't keep the leaf cover off them and the rhizome tops bare. And the shady areas keep getting bigger as the trees do (funny how that works :)). But then they bloom, and I love them again. Well, some bloom.

What a pretty rose.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

..Red Asiatic Lily... which is doing beautifully. I dont have hope though for my orange rust colored one though.. the rabbits just love the buds on it!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Good morning to you Cedar! Heres my Bright yellow Iris. I got all these in 2005, and this was the first year any of them bloomed .

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Here is the root stock rose, that had a graft at the top for a tree rose. The grafted part ( which was a variety of tiny pink roses) died, but the stock comes back every year!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Here is the Gift I received yesterday from My daughter in Montana. She said she made sure that the Florist brought only things that I could plant outside. I cant wait to divide it up and plant them, but for now I will enjoy my present as is!
Happy Mother's Day Everyone!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Eufaula, How sweet and thoughtful of your daughter. Pretty flowers at your house! None of my Asiatics have bloomed, noticed lots of fat buds though this morning.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Spiderwort is blooming. I wish I knew how to catch the real blue color with the camera.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Peony and oxalis.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Zygopetalum in the greenhouse. (Cheating I know.)

Thumbnail by beclu727
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Seafoam rose.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Yarrow.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Eufaula, I have a root stock rose too. It doesn't bloom anywhere near as much as yours. It used to be red and white. Love your mother's day gift.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Thanks Beclu! Your Rose is gorgeous!
Here are some of my Sweet william!
Red ones...

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Pink ones......

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

white ones. really bad photo!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

...and Yarrow with more pink Sweet William

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

Here's mine....

Thumbnail by DustyDS
Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Beclu- I didn't know Oxalis could bloom so much. Gorgeous. Only yarrow that's blooming for me yet is Coronation Gold.i

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Pam, the oxalis was a pass along plant from my MIL about 30 years ago. I had it at my house in Lawrenceville and brought a clump here. I've also given her 2 pots of it for hanging baskets in FL. If you want some, LMK and I'll dig some for you. It doesn't spread a lot here like it can in other places. I know some consider it invasive.
I have 2 pink yarrows, each a little different, but one was supposed to be white. I just planted them last year. I'm sure I had labels at one time, but not now.

Dusty - LOL!!! You wouldn't want to see mine...

Eufaula - I love the sweet williams. Do you save seed?

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Becky, Thanks, I 'd love a piece of the oxalis. Thirty years - that's amazing. Passalongs are great; almost all my first plants when we moved here were from my dad and grandmother.

Dusty, my you are a brave one!!! LOL ;) That's what my gramma used to wear and she was born in 1900 :)
Eufaula, you mean the yellow plant that I see all over the side of the road is yarrow? If so, I'm gonna have to snatch me some. I was wondering yesterday what that was. All of your plants are gorgeous! I need to go take some pics, more stuff blooming finally! I love your Mother's Day gift! I hope you had a nice day:) I got some impatiens, a red lantana and pink verbena. Trying to figure out where to plant them.
And the oxalis in your pic, Beclu, is not a weed? I have been ripping that stuff out left and right! ;0 All you want, you can come pull out! lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.