Becky's MGs Part 2

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

This thread is a continuation from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/975884/

This is a close-up of Fuji no Monet.

Many, many thanks to Antoinette for sharing what few seeds she got off her vine with me. :-) I love this vine and the blooms!!!

I am also showing other blooming plants as well since I am SOOOOOO HAPPY it is SPRING/SUMMER!!! YAY!

Thumbnail by beckygardener

Boy! The garden party is starting to get in full swing. Come dance with me ... :-)

This is Hanafubuki. Seeds from Arlene. TY, my dear! ;-)

My "other" volunteer Hanafubuki. (Photo from the other day for comparison with the photo above of Arlene's vine. I really like this hybrid bloom colors and patterns. :-) And variegated leaves on these two vines (above and here). Come twirl with me along the garden paths ...

This is another of Antoinette's crosses. Not sure if the cross took as it was labeled ...

Introducing: Plum Tie-dye x Chocolate Silk. We shall watch and see what this beauty does!

Come skip and laugh with me through this wonderland ...

Syrumani's beautiful, pristine White Picotee. Love the white in contrast with the deep green leaves. NICE!!!

Come sing a song of Spring ...

Now ... the following (until I say "THE END") are different hybrids/crosses from my Lady Yaguruma's Kaleidoscope. Such a fitting name as you will see...

I can tell on some of these blooms what the cross was, but others I am not sure. Low to no pollen on my 2nd generation LYK, so the blooms were crossed with available pollen from other MG blooms. This is what I got!

Come take a peek through the looking glass...

Bloom #1.

Two LYK cousins ... different genes! I am sure that the blue stripe is a cross with "Shibori Purple x Gray Lady" x LYK!

Come wander the path and discover the hidden secret garden ...

Photo #2.

More LYK cousin vine blooms. Not sure about this one. Possibly crossed with Maisugata.

Photo #3.

Come hide among the jungle vines ...

This one and the one before this post is such a deep color and looks like soft velvet. Larger bloom too than the other cousin vines. :-) No idea what the cross was ...

Wander to the scent of the Moonflower vine ...

Photo #4.

And last one. THE END!

Possibly MiniBar Rose cross or ... who knows!

The buzz of bees and the chirp of birds fills my ear with nature calls ...

Photo #5.

This message was edited May 3, 2009 12:31 PM

Oops ... some mistakes are meant to be seen. Sorry for the double post of this photo. Maybe it's worth a second look?

Shall we take the path less traveled ...

This message was edited May 3, 2009 12:32 PM

And the final MG bloom for today is Carnevale di Venezia.

Will you come play hide and seek in my garden ...

A hanging basket of Petunias.

Color, color everywhere ...

Ditch lilies. Oh! How I love these wild ones!

Walk the path, wishing never to return ...

Melbourne, FL

Becky, I think you get more enjoyment out of a garden than ANYONE! Beautiful flowers, every one!

Photo of one of my garden beds with Blue Plumbago bush, Purple Porterweed, and Coral Honeysuckle vine. This is where the hummingbirds stop to sip.

Soft, warm breezes gently brush us as we wander on the path of life ...

A DGer (Singing Wolf) closes her posts with "Walk in Beauty"... I think I shall too, today. Have a serene day this Sunday as you do a walkabout in your own garden. :-)

gardenpom - Today, I would give anyone a run for their money! It is a beautiful day today in my garden! A couple more photos. I released a few Monarch butterflies today. This is one of them.

I want to get lost here and stay forever ...

This is my other little Monarch flutterby.

Fairies dance on flower petals ...

Mesilla Park, NM

Becky, beautiful flowers and I have to agree, it is a gorgeous day here also, several of the Iris's opened this morning and I've been taking photos everywhere..

Good going on those flowers, I'm really excited about everything blooming this year and got several Bullock Orioles here eating out of the hummingbird feeders, they look so bright (orange)..lol

And some Brazilian Petunias growing near the waterfall. This concludes today's discoveries. :-)

Water rushing on a focused journey to catch up with the rainbow ...

Thanks, A! I do hope you are able to catch a photo of the orioles that come visit you. My birds (and I have lots of them) are a bit skittish, so I rarely get a good photo of any of them. Today is a perfect day to be outdoors. I needed a day like today... I am doing the Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, too dance. :-D :-D

Mesilla Park, NM

I don't want you to think I sit at the computer all day long,,, I have a wireless laptop and it sits out on the table outside, I don't know if it is a good thing or not..lol, since it allows me to view it constantly..

It really does come in handy though.

If those birds let me, I'll take some photos.. one almost went inside the house yesterday. They are just so neat. I think they are the same ones from last year too...there are several red wing black birds here too, they nest in our tall summer pines.

I have the same birds pretty much year round. Though their families keep expanding. :-)

I mainly have cardinals, blue jays, Red bellied woodpeckers, and white-tip doves. I had a few finches here for a while and enjoyed their company. I like the little birds. And of course I have a hummer or two. But getting photos of any of them is nearly impossible. They are quite bashful apparently...

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Wonderful blooms Becky, love the waterfall.

Mesilla Park, NM

Jackie, did you start the Fuji no Monet yet? I hope it does well for you too.

I have probably another 6 weeks before i get blooms of any kind here.

Do you guys know if these higes are all the same: Blue Feathers, Indigo Feathers, Lavender Feathers, and Violet Feathers? I've got several of the white higes going also, but, somewhere along the line, I believe some are the same.

Becky, that is really nice that you have the birdies stay all year.. we have the doves here all year too and a couple of others... now we do have at least 9 hummers here so far.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Becky - lovely and inspiring flowers and thoughts!

Thought of you yesterday when I saw my first butterfly of the season at a greenhouse; it was fluttering around some pansies so I just had to take some home with me. Ü

Joanne

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

Becky, Well, it's not very nice here today, but we do need the rain, and I did love your pictures. It's good to see you enjoying your MGs again. Pam

Mesilla Park, NM

Here is this Iris that just blew me away... it is called Iris Ger. 'Hemstiched' it is gorgeous in person. Don't know if you can see the specks on there.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

CA poppies

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Oriental lillies are starting up also.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Here are three hummers, they are hard for me to photograph, hopefully you can see the rascals.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Here is a NOID Iris

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

One more NOID solid yellow and I'll stop so I don't take up all your thread..

This one looked like rich butter.

Thumbnail by Gourd

Antoinette - I have to tell you that Iris Ger. 'Hemstiched' is quite the show stopper! What an amazing bloom! I can see why it got your attention. I had thought about growing a few Bearded Irises myself, but was told by the folks on the Iris forum that they probably wouldn't do well here because of the heat.

Of course ... folks thought Clematis wouldn't grow here either. And no one thought Poppies would do so well in my zone. Maybe I should take Bearded Irises into consideration in the future and add 3 or 4 to my garden to see just what they do? Yes?

Your garden looks like it is coming into bloom too! This is one of my favorite times of the year. Fall is good, too! But Spring is such a welcome joy after a dreary winter. And yes! I have mild winters here, but we got hit with freezing temps this year that made a mess of my gardens and plants. Luckily, I seemed to have only lost some Plumerias and nothing else. My few rose bushes stood their ground and seemed to love the cold temps! LOL!

A - If you get seeds from the CA poppies, save some for me, please! :-) I'm delighted for you that you get so many hummers! I am lucky to get just one or two. But they thrill me everytime I see one of them! :-) Post whatever photos you want. This thread is to share in my excitement that Spring has arrived and the plants are coming into bloom. It such good cheer to see all the beautiful flowers!

Hi Pam! Glad to see you posting! Has Spring arrived in VA yet?

Joanne - Glad to see you posting, too! I'm curious ... Do some of your plants bloom in your greenhouse? When do you start seeing Spring arrive? Good luck growing MGs this year! I look forward to your photos!

Jackie - Thanks! The waterfall is a favorite feature in my backyard. The pump had to be replaced last year and I could barely stand not hearing any rushing water. I went out and got a new pump pronto! LOL! Funny what we get used to ...

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

I love the hummers! Thanks so much for the whole garden of vines,flowers and critters. This is where it`s at!!!! Karen

Mesilla Park, NM

I posted some of the Iris here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/976124/

the first one in the photo that needs ID: I got them from the Iris Society here about 2 1/2 years ago.

Becky, maybe Louisiana Iris would do well there. I would try a couple in pots, I'll show you some that bloomed in the pots here in the next shot.

This one was supposed to be Color Tart, but is something else.. I'll have to check the names that were suggested on the Iris Forum.

This message was edited May 3, 2009 5:22 PM

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Superstition, these are really dark and I got the Iris at Lowes or HD, I am not sure where, but they both carry it, or did.

I must have put in a total of 300 Iris when we moved here, and only about 100 varieties are left, I couldn't keep up with the watering. Now we put in a drip system to that area and you should the difference in just a month.

If you remind me in the fall or late summer, I'll send you a couple of Iris to try out..

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

I sure will save you some poppy seeds, they are growing everywhere in my yard and in pots too.. here are my Fish Pots with Agave stricta in them, they look like blow fish... I am going to get a pond this year if it kills me..lol

Thumbnail by Gourd
Melbourne, FL

I am still waiting for possibly one flower from my California Poppy before Florida heat kills it. They do not do well here, Becky....naturally I adore them! Of course you would probably have no trouble at all growing acres of them:)

Antoinette - I went to the other thread and my! oh my! You have yourself some lovely Irises! What is it that Irises like to grow in? Sand? I am amazed that they grow there in NM for you! That't pretty awesome!!! Your yard/property and the gardens make my jaw drop every time I see a new angle/view. I don't know how you keep up with it all. I do the watering by hand every night for about 2 hours. Time consuming, but it helps me unwind from the stress of work. And I often get to see something new in bloom that I wouldn't have otherwise. It's my early evening adventure, since mornings (getting ready for work) are just too hectic! LOL! I would definitely love to try any Irises you are willing to share with me. That would be a real treat! Thank you for the generous offer! :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.