I went shopping, for plants of course!

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Here are my new plants, coleus to add to my collection and Calibrachoa, Million bells which I combine in my combo pots with the coleus. Sorry in advance for some poor quality shots but you get the idea.

Resurrection

Thumbnail by ladygardener1

Glennis:

Giant Ducksfoot:

Fruitstand Pineapple:

Dark Heart:

Tangerine:

Picked up this one and when I got home realized it did not have a tag Darn!

Taquila Sunrise: No, this is not the drink, which is very pretty and if you drink to many, you just might miss the sunrise!

Callie Orange:

Trailing Light Blue, (looks more purple to me)

And Last one Agustache Acapulco Salmon & Pink & OSP Sweet Heart Light Green

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

DAng!! You are the queen of coleus.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Looking good, Lady! Is that a hardy Agastache?

Sally, I had to leave some coleus behind, you know supporting a habit can get expensive LOL. I can't wait for the Ducksfoot to get bigger to take cuttings.

Stormy , that one is an annual, their perennials are very expensive, I'll be doing a run to Bluestone when they are having their sale in June and get me perennials there.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

that giant ducksfoot is cool.... I took cuttings of my agastache last year... wondering if they are going to return.. the one is planted in a whiskey barrel so with this cold nasty winter I am not having high hopes for it.. I should have kept them in over the winter... but I think I am going to try and do some now that the ones in the ground are coming up... just so you know everything you bought are great plants for cuttings

I did those calibrochoa cuttings from NC farms... most of them took even though they were less than an inch tall

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

by the way the AG you bought is hardy to zone 5.... I know they aren't the hardiest of plants... but if you mulch it in fall... you might get lucky

http://www.highcountrygardens.com/catalog/product/11829/

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh oh... I forgot to mention.. if you take cuttings of the AG make sure it's a non flowering stem... so now is a good time

Thanks, for the info, One. I never tried rooting calibrochoa cuttings. And you are right, sometimes I can pull off a micro climate with mulch and squick by a zone. I did that with a Black & Blue salvia, did not expect it to return, but I think this winter finally did it in.

I have a picture, might be in Plant files, of the Callie Orange, only one plant in the combo and it really put on a show! Bloomed all summer!

Edited to add link: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/136287/

This message was edited May 3, 2009 9:03 AM

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes they are great plants

this is March 18th when I got the cuttings

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

and today... you can see I lost a few... and they can be slow to root.. I think I pulled the covers off last week... some were flowering and weren't rooted to the point I could tug on them and not have them come out

Thumbnail by onewish1

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.