Isn't she lovely!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Just have to tell~~ Today I had a visit to a guy who runs the business out of his house. As I drove in the drive to park in back, I passed by the neighbor who was weeding. She had this huge bush covered in yellow flowers--not forsythia or anything I recognize. So I commented on it and she couldn't remember the name but offered to go in and look it up. But no, please, that's fine, I'd look it up later. She suggested I take a piece to help look it up. Ok, great! Stuck a six inch twig in my water bottle in the van, went in for my business When I came out...
.She had pulled up some runners, wrapped the roots, put them in a ziploc bag and looked up the name and tucked in a note with it. Kerria.

I was so touched and pleased to run across another generous gardening soul! Just wanted to share. Life is beautiful!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Kerria is beautiful and so tough. That was very sweet of her but you know how gardeners are. LOL

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

You are soooooooo lucky.Keep me in mind when you have a nice healthy bush w/ runners......LOL.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

How thoughtful, gardeners just love to share their plants.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Flowers just seem to bring out the best in everyone!

Yes, synda, of course!

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

I looked up the plant in plant files, what a beauty! It is definitely a share plant, and it's hardy to zone 4, that is a plus.
Wonder if she is a DGardener? Wouldn't that be a hoot if she see this thread.
Sally, you were at the right place at the right time. Good for you.

This message was edited Apr 29, 2009 10:45 AM

She really SHOULD be a DG gardener if she isn't already. I plan to drop off a token from my garden in return when I have a chance.
Shade bloomer, (tho she had a huge one in sun) lots of suckers-SHARE!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Gardeners are the best!!!

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

sally,

What a nice story, and such a generous person! Gardeners really are the best, aren't they? Now, you'll smile every time you see that Kerria!

If she doesn't already know about DG, you definitely need to tell her............Barb

Yeah--I think I'll put a note with my plant, with its name and something about DG. Wish I could get a finders fee.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

How sweet was that Sally? I've always said gardeners and pet folks...can't beat em'!!

Crozet, VA

I agree with everything that was said.

Ruby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.