Grape- new planting taken on a tour

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 7b)

I planted a red flame seedless grape. I purchased it bareroot and got it planted and it was starting to get new growth when I went out to check it I found it was gone. Our puppy decided to yank it out of the ground and take it on a tour of the yard. He didn't chew it up but it was very dry and the new growth had shriveled up. I am not sure how long it had been out of the ground when I got it replanted and soaked it well. What is the likelyhood it will survive?

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

In my experience, grape vines are pretty tenacious (like wisteria). Keep it sheltered and coddled for a week or two and see it comes back. My red grape vine is the last one to leaf out this year, but it's finally starting to show some growth.

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 7b)

Thanks...

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 7b)

I have new growth!!! YEAHHHHHH

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

See, patience is rewarded. I remember the time I planted some 300 or so daffodils for my mom. My golden retriever (Tamberlin) watched the whole procedure with no real interest. Imagine my surprise when the next day he presented me with a huge pile of bulbs! ARGH! I couldn't replant them either because I'd apparently planted in a huge patch of poison oak and was in really bad shape!
Dogs are wonderful garden companions, yes?

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 7b)

Yes they are! LOL They culprit is a standard poodle puppy. His mama is not a digger so we have never had this problem before. I am working on keeping him out of the flower beds. My irises have been trampled.

I had a similar poison ivy experience when my dad and I broke ground on my raised garden beds. My dad broke out right away but it was my first poison ivy experience so it took a while to break out. I thought I had dodged the bullet but no such luck! My parents had gone home and my husband was deployed to Afghanistan at the time so I was enjoying the misery alone. Thank goodness for steroids! Poison ivy and poison oak can be brutal!

Did you ever get a chance to plant the daffs?

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

I honestly don't remember if they got planted. All I remember is going car shopping with my dad (my first real car and he was more into it than I was) with arms that were huge gross seeping - ewww... I had NO interest into looking at cars - all I wanted to do was stop itching!

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 7b)

I remember that poison ivy experience as being excruciating with the swelling and itching!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.