We have a winner...

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Gita - I believe this is the one you gave me last year - sooooo pretty :-)

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Close up...

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Very pretty fragrance

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Baltimore, MD

Beautiful. I'm a first time homeowner and new gardener. I just planted my first lilac a few weeks ago - Syringa vulgaris Wedgwood Blue. It was bareroot but the buds are bursting all over the place.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Bec, That is so pretty, and everything is so greeeeeeeeeeeen! We are just starting to see some green here, it turned cold again today and spitting some snow but Sunday will be in the 80º s, so maybe it will green up here too.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Bec, That is beautiful. Such a gorgeous color. I can smell it through my computer. Lucky winner, you!!

Liquidstayce, good luck with your new gardens.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Bec, I posted some new photos today in the Plants, Puppies and little bear thread, including one of my Charles Jolie lilac. It's the same reddish purple as this one only darker.

Yours is really pretty, such a nice color. I keep hoping the Jolie will put out some suckers so I can share but it hasn't yet.

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

That is lovely!! I've got two lilacs blooming now, but not as perfect as that one, Bec!! The rain sort of tattered the blooms. One is pink and the other a nice lilac color.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Thank you - it's all thanks to Gita - I received several lilac's last year when I had my swap, put them all in one huge planter & off they went!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Liquidstayce, Have you seen the Plant Swap thread and would you be able to attend? It's a great way to fill out a new garden.
Bec that is just beautiful. My lilacs are just getting ready, should have some blooms soon.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Here are mine from last Spring.....
The color is not all that great...they are a deeper blue/purple....

I remember when i first bought this bush--and it was a French Double Lilac.....

I am so glad it has bloomed for you!

liquid----
Just wanted to tell you that Lilacs hate wet feet---and they need full sun.....

G.

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Gorgeous!

BTW, 'Belle de Nancy' (one of the ones from me) is nearly white when fully open, but the buds start out this lovely deep rosy color.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Gita - they get full sun half of the day & I'm careful with watering - Jill, I can't wait to see what they do in the coming years, I wasn't sure what they would do in a large planter - but, they are growing & seem very happy! I'm sure I will have to plant them in the ground at some point, but for now they are doing fabulous - all of them!

Sterling, VA(Zone 7a)

Lovely lilac blooms! This is the first year my bicolor Lilac 'sensation' bloomed--it was transplanted many times, I'm suprised it's still alive. Snug, :o)

Thumbnail by Snug_As_Bug_Rug
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

That one always looks so pretty in the catalogs... looks like it's lovely in real life, also!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.