Take a tour of Japanese Gardens

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I love these...... amazing places.

http://learn.bowdoin.edu/japanesegardens/index.html

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Wow, thanks for the link, Kyla! I'll be going to Japan this summer.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh really !?!? Oh how I would love to see some of these places in person. They inspire me so.

Reno, NV

My cousin is in Japan on an exchange (http://gaijin-mage.livejournal.com/) She's got some great pictures of the cherry trees.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Japan is on my list of "want to go there" places too. Lucky you lisabees

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Peeplez, do check out the gardens in my link! A mature Japanese garden is a powerful beautiful thing.

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

Very beautiful. I think Daisen-in fits my inner spirit the best.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Yes, that one is wonderful. I find Jakko-in very moving. I confess I have not yet looked all the way through all the gardens.

which one is it where that amazing pine bough is held up by wooden supports? (goes to look...) It 's Kenroku-en.

This message was edited Apr 20, 2009 9:19 PM

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

Oh, I didn't realize you could see more images of each garden (tour). After looking through it, although I like the cover picture for Daisen-in I don't like much of the rest of it.

That one huge tree with all the posts supporting it in Kenroku-en is very interesting. And the individual supported stepping stones. And the little landscaped islands. Very nice one.

I'll have to look through a few more now that I know there is more than one picture for each.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I think if you click on Gardens, then each one, it gives the option to Tour the Gardens......

I lose track of which ones I have looked at! There is one with lots of moss that I adore.....

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

You know, I inherited one of those plastic rakes for doing the sand, I should go out and "comb" the children's sandbox every morning into a new design. :D

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

LOL! sure, that would be right peaceful.......

Santa Fe, NM

I love Japanese gardens. My D.H. went to Bowdoin College. Kind of neat.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Cool!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

LMAO @ kTalia's sandbox ^_^ I could never, ever have a Japenese garden with Damien the Spawn of Satan digging holes everywhere sigh.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

No that would make it hard.

Wonder what they did about such creatures? Surely something! These gardens are ancient and have been maintained for centuries, some of them..... that concept alone is awesome to me.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

It is incredible, isn't it?

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

a different way to experience time, entirely.

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

And they're so determined to bonsai most any tree or shrub around. I noticed even the pines were done as bonsai.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Their gardening style is very controlled and cultured it seems. Although I find it awesome, I'm not sure if I could do it. I just can't picture them breaking out in dances of joy or singing to their seedlings.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Good point.

We couldn't do it anyway as it takes generations.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.