Fruiting plant orders up 20-33% percent

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Demand for fruit trees is soaring, according to the folks at Eastern Shore Nursery of Virginia (wholesale only), home of the Hollybrook Orchards brand of fruit trees, berries and nuts.

“Bookings and shipments of small fruiting plants this season have been way up, up more than 20 percent overall,” said Nick Covatta, co-owner of Eastern Shore Nursery of Virginia. “Grapes are leading the pack with a 33-percent increase, with blackberries a close second at 32 percent. Blueberries retain market share with about one third of the total.”
http://www.esnursery.com/

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

We are all planting Victory Gardens.

Yeppers! In my case, it's also baby fruiting shrubs and hopefully next year, trees.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

I added 3 more blueberry bushes this year (for a total of 10), plus 50 Eversweet strawberries in towers (stark bros. website), a 2-in-1 pear, and a 2-in-1 antique apple, 2 more grape vines, plus the wild one I found in the yard.
I have a beehive in the backyard this year too. I'm hoping to eat some of my produce before too long!

How cool! I don't want to be a beekeeper but I'd sure love to have a hive...

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm actually just providing the yard - someone else is actually caring for the bees. But hopefully they will do their job and I'll get some pollinating done. Its been tough growing things the last few years because of the lack of bees...

Springfield, IL(Zone 5b)

I can believe it...I had to go to several places to get the all the varieties of currants and gooseberries I wanted..most places were sold out of several varieties..

Yeah, I didn't find all I wanted either and I ordered in February!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.