This I overdid the ordering?

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Received my now annual orders from Bluestone & Graceful Gardens - which I unpacked today - I know I have to cover them tonite, but they are in a well protected area and should be just fine...keeping an eye on the temps and will start planting next week - most of these are annuals, but I have "a few vines" that need to get in the ground as soon as possible

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

More of them :-)

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

This is a Daphne Eternal Fragrance - and it smells wonderful - I have a variegated one that I had growing in a pot on my deck - didn't fare so well when the temps hit rock bottom this winter, but...it still has buds and hanging in there

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Whoops, I messed up the subject line :-)

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

LOL, Bec! Whenever I place an order like that, I keep looking on the order form for the place to check "A strong young man to unpack and plant these goodies"... But doggone it, it's just not there!

But I keep looking... ;-)

Barb

PS: Looks like you got some really nice plants!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL Beck, That is just how I felt when my annual plugs came in "Oh God what did I do!" LOL
The first of my DG Co-op plants arrived the other day. I ordered hundreds of plants and I have no idea where I will put them. Callas, Caladiums, Cannas, Perennials, Grasses, Ferns, Dahlias, Helles, Hosta and Lilies. Not all will be going in my yard but most will be.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm not sayin' a word...*giggle, giggle* cuz she's sharing with me...
I will say that after finally getting time in my yard yesterday I need to stay far away from anything that falls into the "shrub" category or I'm gonna be in BIG trouble!!!
Ohhhhh Beckyyyyyyy....

Thumbnail by Chantell
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL ~ Chantell, I just knew you IS smart! Yes, I'm sharing withcha so no comments from you about my mad ordering/too many vines ^_^

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Wow, you outdid yourself this time, Bec!! That is a great show of plants, too. I did get my somewhat modest order from Bluestone--and I am very happy with it. Just trying to figure out what goes where. When I selected plants and ordered, my plot was huge and multi-dimensional. Imagination is always so big. My "real" garden is a shoe.

LOL, Holly!! Just stick those bulbs in pots or sell for charity. If any dahlias or lilies need a home, I can help.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Tee hee hee! I think I'd get pretty goggled trying to decide where to put all that, but that's me. Some how, no matter how many plants we buy, they all fit somewhere though!!!

Chantell- you have to find a spot for *one more shrub* It can go by the woods though, I won't be offended and it might even like it , with a little sun.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh noooooo, Sally I meant ME going ISO "window shopping" for any more. I have 3 that still have to go in the ground plus your baby...I'll just line up along the left fence line...PRUNING will be my friend (esp. once i read the plantfile entry for this one http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2036/ ) - even ordered myself a nice set from QVC last weekend (WHY do I turn it on?). At least I had the sense to get a DWARF Butterfly bush...right?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Where to plant it all is another issue. LOL Don't want to plant any perennials in areas that need to be dug up later or have equipment run through, when the GH and pond go in. So I'm planing my garden this year not on color or size only on type. Annuals can go there, anything that gets dug up in the fall can go there, perennials and shrubs "HAVE" to go here.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

I share your dilemma on where to plant all I buy or seeds I start. It's called plant-collectors syndrome.
Foxn, glad to hear the Bluestone orders are on the move, I have one also getting ready to take off. I have been there when they are getting shipments ready, the ladies going from table to table with an order look like they are picking out plants for them selves, they pick one up look it all over and if they don't approve chose another. The left overs go to the plant sale in June.

Holly, should we bring our trowels, garden gloves and knee pads to your swap. LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

THIS is one of many things I love about DG - no matter how plant crazed you are you feel normal here...ROTFLOL

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Yes, and you can say to your DH, "If you think I'm bad, you should see the pile of plants that Becky ordered this spring!"

LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Thankfully, or not, no DH to report to in MY household....but ya'll can certainly use that...well except Becky (LOL) that is....

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

That's OK; Becky can point our our excesses to her DH!

LOL! excuses apply to DD's too, or D roomies or whatevers. Let's all practice--
"If you think I"m nuts, you should see _______'s windowsills!"
"Oh yeah?? You don't realize what I crossed OFF my list before submitting this order!"

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

ROTFLOL to: "Oh yeah?? You don't realize what I crossed OFF my list before submitting this order!"

Sally you NEED to start a new thread with the top excuses...that is hysterical!!!

"Honey is this the paper recycle pile?" - "NOOOOOOOOOOOO, those are clearly my plant/seed/supply catalogs - highlighted according to need - want - I HAVE TO HAVE IT YESTERDAY"

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Sitting here laughing and reading this to Ric, he says we are all crazy. LOL

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Chantell - Greg did TRY to toss out my plant cataloges - I very quickly "trained" him not to do that!

I handed over plants to Chantell today, didn't even look like I made a dent - these temperatures needs to go UP!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Greg forgive me but I'm visualizing Becky rolling up one of them and saying "Bad, Greg...bad, bad, bad....do NOT throw away my prized catalogs"

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

OMG, 400 lily of the valley pips arrived today - WHAT was I thinking??? Terri

Darn,,my neighbor has about the same amount she wants to get rid of smack in the middle of the yard.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Terri, were you thinking you'd like to borrow my tiller this weekend? ;-)

They'll plant out quicker than you think. That's probably how many were in the huge boxes of LOTV that Gita shared with me... I've got them along the back of the bed that makes an "ell" out from the neighbor's fence.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.