Anyone with connections at Merrifield?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes, I'm "networking" here...LOL. Some of you know I work 2 side jobs in addition to my f/t job (5-6 hrs each). One I adore...the other not so much. I've had it suggested twice in 24 hours that I should find a nursery to work at. Hmmm...imagine that?? So I just faxed over my resume to the new Merrifield in Gainesville...keeping my fingers crossed. I have no pride - so IF anyone knows someone or knows someone that knows someone...pop me a name or just lie and tell them how wonderful I am. Please and thank you.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Great idea, Chantell. Merrifield is opening in Gainesville?! Be still my beating heart. tha-thump, tha-thump, tha-thump

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

It's already open, Diane...and apparently GORGEOUS

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Shoot. The only time I'm going to be going to Manassas soon is Easter Sunday. Where is it?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Gainesville Location
6895 Wellington Road (P.O. Box 160)
Gainesville, Va. 20156
703-368-1919

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

OMG - I didn't see this note before we headed out this morning. A friend and I were out garden shopping today, and just spent about an hour (and a, um, "few" dollars) at the Fair Oaks branch of Merrifield. It's a wonderful garden center!!! I'm actually closest to the original one in Merrifield (Falls Church), but we were out to DeBaggio's Herb Farm in Chantilly, so of course HAD to stop by Merrifield & Betty's Azalea Ranch on the way back to town... Let's just say the Garden Center economy is in good shape this afternoon. ;-)

Good luck, Chantell - I'm sure with your enthusiasm and knowledge, you'd be a tremendous asset to their staff. Wish I could help, but I don't know anyone who works there, unfortunately.

Not sure where you are in the "Middle of VA", but there is a large Meadows Farms on Route 3 in Fredericksburg that might be hiring...

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm in Stafford - we have a Meadows farms but their "interior" selection is limited...Merrifield was suggested by our offices' bookkeeper's husband...follow that? LOL

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Chantell, wish I knew someone - you'd be a tremendous asset to them :) I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Edit: OMG, I just realized I think I know someone who might "know" someone - if you get my drift? LOL I'm going to email her right now!

This message was edited Apr 10, 2009 6:25 AM

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ahh, as always, Debbie - YOU rock!! Thanks to everyone for their positive vibes...I appreciate them greatly. Just praying God's will that He put me where HE wants me.

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

Chantell,

You're absolutely correct about the "interior" sections at Meadows Farms. Merrifield rocks in that regard. Hope Debbie's contact pans out. Keep us posted!!!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Okay, here it is, straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak!

"ok girl ..you got it ! will forward this to kim in the office and wanda ..the two sister's the run the merrifield store ! i hope chantell gets the job and we can all meet here for lunch one day !!!!!"

Chantell, I couldn't for the life of me remember your last name and I was in such a hurry to get the email out to her I just told my friend, Cha, how many other people with the name Chantell would be applying? LOL I hope this helps you get the job! Cha and Wanda (i.e. one of the "sisters"!) are terrific friends - they're horse nuts, go riding together, etc., etc. I think Cha actually lives on one of her properties and takes care of her house and horses when she's away! Cha is someone I met years ago in the AOL garden chat room and she's from Maine so we have a "connection" :) Don't get to see her much but email works for me!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

OMG...Debbie...you are (course we knew that already) AMAZING...do you hear me...A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!! Are they in the Gainesville location? Because if so...I will re-fax to their attention...maybe throw your name in there if ok with you...except I don't know that I know YOUR last name...pop me another dmail IF your comfortable with my doing that I think it would be appropriate.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Crossing fingers & toes!!!!!!!!!!! I'll cross other stuff too if it'll help!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Yeah Bec...just imagine the damage that we could do...Lord, I'll need to work with my eyes closed...LOL That'll be a challenge eh?

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Chantell, I'm in a rush, we've got a truck to load!!! I don't really know which store Wanda is at, I just know she lives in the Leesburg area? I met her when Cha brought her with her to see us at Middleburg last month. BUT, if you want to refax your application and use me as a reference - do it!!! Maybe Wanda will recognize the business name at least!

Debra Corrington
Rick's Custom Nursery

:))))

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Debbie!!! You're Da Whiz!!!!!!!!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Chantell,
I have been going to Merrifield every Saturday for their free garden lectures for months now. I absolutely love it. I've been out to all three locations depending on which topic is where, but mostly have been ending up at the location in Gainesville. All the folks who work there are really, really friendly. One of my favorite speakers is Robert Woodman - he has recently moved from the Fair Oaks location to the Gainesville location and is heading up the tree/shrub section. He also is one of the landscape designers who frequently appears on HGTV's Curb Appeal. Merrifield's selection can't be beat in this area. The Gainseville greenhouse is huge (with lots of design displays), there is a dog park (SOooo dog friendly there), and they have about 40 acres that will be used for outdoor nursery and tree/shrub beds. Hope you get the job - that place is one of my favorite hang-outs. Terri

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the good wishes...fingers crossed and hands folded (wanna be where the Lord wants me)

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

I'll keep my fingers crossed and will be anxious to hear any news :)

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

A nursery with a dog park? Talk about nice people. Good luck! tho you don't need it cuz you're highly qualified to join that bunch on all counts- friendly and plant smarts!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.