Spring peeking Vol. 2

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Nice! Are these from the wholesale place you've mentioned that sells flats of annuals?

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Gita, we are to have frost tonight too. I am sitting here thinking I am just going to not worry about it. I moved all my full sun tropicals onto the south deck so they could get some fresh air and sunshine. It is too hot in the greenhouse and the AC is on in the house because I was having allergy eyes because of the darn wind and pollen. So, do I bring them in again. I don't think so. I am so sick of this. The wind is so bad today the darn dog will not go out with me.
I am amazed the daffodils are selling. It is sunny but cold and people are buying them but not fast. Thursdays are usually good days for cut flowers. Especially when it had rained all week, and I was closed. LOL
Talk to you tomorrow, I am tired since I pulled some weeds and planted some bulbs and watered the greenhouse and moved some plants outside, and I did it only in a few hours because I got a late start since I had to do errands this morning. Worn out woman. That is me. Have a good evening. JB

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Nice haul, Gita.

JB, you sell your plants in front of your house??? Maybe I'll stop by someday.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Jill--

YES! Most of them are from the "Flower and Foliage Place"......The wholesale grower....

The white tray in the back is from my HD--They had a sale of their "Bonnie" herbs and veggies" last Sunday---1/2 price---so I picked up 3 lavenders, one yellow cherry tomato,
2 pots of Greek Oregano ---all at 1/2 price, each cost me $1.74. PLEASE remember--that HD NEVER has had--and will NEVER have an employee discount! We pay what YOU pay!
Kind of trying NOT to be too ambitious with all my purchases--as i have some of the same growing from seed...I just DO NOT have the patience to wait!!!!!!!

Sally and i went to 4 different places today......shopping for plants.....

--Maryland Flower and Foliage----the best! Great prices!
--Sieferts Florist--a great selection of the not-so-usual--and GREAT quality plants--NOT exactly bargain prices--but VERY reasonable.
--Egerton Greenhouses--the wholesaler I used to work for back in 1992 (??)--an experience in plant fantasy! 14 Greenhouses to cruise through...pick what you want......
--We went to Meyer Seed Co.--but it was not all that rewarding......found NOTHING worth buying......BUT---they DO carry some products not sold in the BIG BOX stores--like the WHOLE line of Espoma Products....ALL the "Tones".....
Holly Tone---Plant Tone---Bulb Tone---Rose Tone--Bulb Tone....etc......

Anyway--I have MY work cut out for the rest of the week!!!!!! I sure bought a lot......

Gita

Here is my Haul!!!!!!

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

AARRRGGGHHH!!! This is a duplicate post!!!!

Welll------What can i say!!!! I am just too excited.......:o)

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Too pooped (and busy) to pop a picture here. I didn't get as much as Gita- I still have kids to get grown and out of the house ya know! But a couple cool Coleus, neat xonal Geranium, mother's day gift plants (thinking ahead) and some six pakcs of old faves that I haven't grown for a while.
Yeah Meyer was a let down--I thought it would be a good place to pick up some unusual soil amendments darius has mentioned. They did have every size of nursery pot you might want and nursery flats of different types (teeny cells for seeds were amazing) And I bought three cloves of elephant garlic- Those suckers are the size of a large shallot EACH!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Stormyla, LadyG and Critter, Your daff and tulips are just beautiful.
Stormyla, Wish my road frontage looked half as good as yours does, mine doesn't get much traffic though. No wonder people stop and take pics. It's is definitely traffic stopping beauty.
Critter, when you do a early,mid,late plan do you mix them throughout the bed so you have color scattered over the entire bed or do you put them in tiers working from front to back? I tried to make sure that I have all 3 groups but since most of mine are in scattered small groups around the yard I don't have to worry much which ones will bloom when.
Gita "Good grief! APRIL!!!! Will you give it up already?????? "tis time!!!!" I'd give that a big second. I am ready to move on to a bit warmer weather. I getting pretty tired of moving plants inside and out. I know we need the rain so I can't complain too much. The grass is so deep that we will have to bale it. LOL
I know HD doesn't give employees a discount as my FIL works for one. I think that stinks! Great plant haul.
Well no trips to take, no grand babies to watch, no Dr's appt, no training at the gym, Finally 2 days all to my self to work in the yard now if only the weather cooperates.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Somehow--the second picture I meant to post never made it! I know I clicked twice--and that is why I thought there might be duplicate posts.....

It is of some of the Coleus I bought. Such neat colors.....

Holly! You gonna start a food post soon--somewhere for your Swap?

Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

There is one....
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/975421/

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh. my goodness!!!! I didn't know that! See! it is NOT on my "Watch" list YET!!!!

Thanks for the link, flowerjen.....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

lol
no problem

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks Jen,
Started a Vol 3 as this thing is almost at 300
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/979492/
Here is a pic of my Ornamental Plum, I will have seedlings at the swap.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

TAAA---DAAAHHHH!!!!! SHE IS BLOOMING!!!

Here is my Karomo shukibu Azalea! The one I built that elevated planter for.....
If this rain doesn't stop soon, I may not get to enjoy it mych longer....
Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

a slightly out-of-focus close-up.....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Gita, That is just beautiful. Well worth a special planter! LOL

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Very unusual Gita, and very pretty!

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Gita, what a soft beautiful color. I am sorry you are having the same weather we are. It has rained here for days and is to continue for several more. The growing plants love it but the flowering plants are not too happy. I wanted to take a picture of my first pink lilac blooming. It has taken two years and finally it is growing and blooming. But, the weather has been so bad I can not get a shot of it. Maybe today.
The Pink Dogwood is pretty but the flowers came out the same time the leaves did and it was not nearly as pretty. Those four 90 deg. days did that. Poor plants are so confused. Stay dry ladies and think warm sunny weather. Hugs.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

JB--

Here are all my purchased annuals waiting for the rain to stop---it is now over a week! I only got a few of them planted when the rains came.....
getting worried---too chilly and wet out there........

Thinl I will bring my tomato seedlings back in under the lights....give them a break......Thjey are not doing anything either---sort of suspended in time.....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Shenandoah Valley, VA

What a beautiful azalea, Gita. Very unusual blooms.

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

That is a gorgeous azalea, Gita. I just saw it for the first time last Thursday down at Lewis Ginter Botanic Gardens, walking around the garden after shopping at the sale. My friend and I were both amazed by the different blooms it had. You are so lucky to have one!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Took a bit more clear picture this morning of the blooms.....kind of close-up...
Rain and all!

Yes it is unusual! That's why I went to such trouble building that raises bed....MOI????

To do it--I had to dig up my big-leaf Hosta and also piles of the Salome daffodils i showed you all....
Hope it will grow and be happy. The guy that gave the started azalea said he had had it for 25 years and never knew what it was called.....he does NOW! Thanks to DG.....

G.

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Hey--Va_Wild_Rose-----

I think this is Post #301.......Do you want to move this over for Part #3 or let it be---

We still have a lot of things that will "peek"......

Gita

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Gita we have a part 3. LOL You must have missed the post.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/979492/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.