More Iris Photos

Gainesville, TX

A favorite that bloomed before the freeze hit. Telepathy

Thumbnail by sharondippity
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Mine manage to survive our last freeze and I'm happily awaiting more buds to open.

I did forget to get a picture of "John" that had lots of blooms but on the small size.

South Hamilton, MA

'John' is an IB, afterall , so should be smaller.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

seemed like the blooms were a tad larger but I did re-plant them fall of '07

Santa Ynez, CA

here is one Heaven and earth, new to me and first time blooming, what a beauty....

Thumbnail by makj
Cherryvale, KS

WOW! makj, I love Heaven and Earth

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

That definitely is a beauty. I agree.

Raleigh, NC

Marion, what is the foliage in there with the irises, and the small blue flowering plant? it looks a bit like a short phlox to me. very nice.

[if it was my photo, the foliage would be weeds]

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

I'll be buying a Heaven and Earth this year. I simply love apricot and peach amoena.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

this one has a name but I've long since lost the tag. Picture doesn't do the color justice. It's a beautiful dusty plum color

Thumbnail by bigred
Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

My Heaven And Earth
taken 5/8/08
Received as a door prize. It set a seed pod.

Thumbnail by Gabriel25
Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

Heaven And Earth
beard close-up

Thumbnail by Gabriel25
Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

bigred, love your unknown dusty plum and poor man's orchid.

sharondippity, Telepathy is gorgeous, have it ordered, can't wait.

rose

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Boy, I shouldn't look at these beautiful pictures. I can't possibly add anything else to my orders.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I know the feeling MShadow. The iris forum has cost me a fortune over the years!

Gainesville, TX

Something survived the freeze. Coming Up Roses

Thumbnail by sharondippity
Winnsboro, TX

Bonjon, the stuff in the iris beds that blooms the little lavander blooms is Creeping Phlox or Creeping Thrift. As you can see it does creep very well. I think it's lovely planted together and it fills in and gives everything more color and punch.

Trust me I have plenty of iris beds that have companion weeds growing in them.

I am the only person that takes care of all my beds and an old woman can only do so much....LOL

At present time I'm growing over 500 different named irises and about the same amount of named daylilies. I have about 2,000 daylily seedlings I will be planting next week in the front field.

I grow EVERYTHING for my own enjoyment and I do not sale anything. As a matter of fact, I don't even cut any of my flowers to take in the house. Most of my waking time is spent playing in the dirt and trying new things in the gardens. I'm a nature nut at heart.

Should you decide to plant some phlox or thrift in your iris beds make sure you really want it. It's beautiful and it really will creep, jump, crawl all over the flowerbeds. (grin) Of course when you live out in the boonies that's not a problem.

I attempted to grow poppies in some of my iris beds this year but they didn't do to well. It was not a good year for poppies here in East Texas. A good friend of mine had them all through her iris beds last year and it was stunning to say the least.

Well I've wrote a book again,
Happy Gardening, everyone and if I don't reply back to your comments it's because I get lost on following all the different post. If you really want me to see something, you better dmail me about it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.