JI from Ensata Gardens

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

One more bloom stalk left to open. I hope they all bloom at the same time next year. Should
be quite a show. I may be forced to buy some more.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I can help twist your arm. I'm good at that. Mine are just beginning, and I'll be posting on the beardless thread pretty soon. .

But you can't have them all bloom at once, you need some early, some mid, some late, some 3 falls, some 6, some peony type. Of course all the different colors, bi colors, washes, speckles.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

oldgarden rose, I have some noid pinky lilac three falls to give away. Got to make room for the ones I ordered from Polly. Will be taking a picture as soon as I get out. My Pink Frost is a stunner. I got the collection last year can't wait for them to all bloom.

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

I could probably find room for a few more to complement the sibs. Digging and discarding
all my TB's except for the old heirlooms. I have fought leaf spot and other diseases long
enough. They are all unsuitable for gifting or trading and the best way to break the chain
is to send them to iris heaven.

Up and around early this morning to chop and clear weeds before the sun is overhead. We
in this area are in a heat stroke area for the next few days. 95 to 100+.

Ames, NE(Zone 5b)

I have some japanse irse
I looked for japanse everywhere
I couldn't find it

Tubby

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

Pic of my JI's. Appears to be different sprouting times. The one in the upper-left corner is a bit yellowed so I gave it an extra dose of ironite which is supposed to be acidic

Thumbnail by Oldgardenrose
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Japanese irises are one of my favorite flowers.

Thumbnail by pirl
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Jerry, they look really good!

Do you know the name of the one with the more yellow foliage? Some of the Japanese do have a more yellowish foliage inherently, especially if they have any pseudacorus in them. Ironite will not hurt it, but I suspect from the health of the other JIs it's just one with the lighter foliage.

Tubby,

Not sure I understand your question? Are you saying you don't see the foliage of any Japanese yet? Mine are not up yet, and I'm a warmer zone than you are, so you might wait a couple more weeks. If that's not what you're asking, please explain a little further. Thanks.

Ames, NE(Zone 5b)

What dose japanse stand for

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Japanese is the common name for Iris ensata. It refers to where the irises origionated from, Japan. It's always capitalized out of deference to the Japanese people.

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

According to my plot map, it is 'Classical Charm'. I don't think it bloomed last year as some of the others did. They should all be blooming this summer.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

One of it's parents is Imperial Magic, which does have lighter leaves. I think that's the reason, but the ironite won't hurt it. The ones that have the lighter foliage normally green up after spring, anyway. They're trying now to breed them so the foliage stays lighter on some.

But since yours are so healthy I would suspect there's no problem.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.